01-25-13, 02:35 AM   #1
Aryae21
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Aurora Status Bars... And that thing (2 Questions!)

First Question...
I'm currently using the Aurora Addon (By Haleth) with a mix of "Missing Aurora Textures" (By Tonyleila) and some MiirGui Texture Pack (By Neza) However I wish to be able to change the color of the status bars. Not the player health/mana. But for example, the status bars on the Achievement frame, the Reputation on the character frame. Profession skill point bars Ect. (I can provide pictures if requested) I'm fairly good at editing and making textures, but not with Lua code. I searched and did trial and error via the textures i nthe interface folder to change the color but wouldn't work. So I tried peaking into Haleth's code (For Aurora) as I can fiqure out very basic changes just by looking. (Changing colors etc, nothing special.) But couldn't find anything. So... anyone aware of how to do this either by a texture in the interface folder or LUA?

Second Question...

The second question is simple and a lot less winded. :P
Simply put, the bars under the character stats (And the currency tab) how to remove them so its just a smooth clean black. The Bars I'm talking about are surrounded by a red border.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bars Remove.png
Views:	280
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	7532  

Last edited by Aryae21 : 01-25-13 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Edited: Picture didnt want to load :S
01-25-13, 06:06 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Texture editing won't help you change the color of statusbars. Well, it will, but not on the way you'd expect. The texture used is actually grayscale, and then a color is "painted" over it in-game. The closer to white the texture is, the brighter the color will appear. The closer to black, the darker.

Instead, you need to look through the default UI code, find where the colors are applied, and then either modify the table values (eg. FACTION_BAR_COLORS for reaction and reputation colors) or overwrite the color (for things like the acheivement frame where the color is just set once when it loads) or post-hook the function to re-apply the desired color every time it's changed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Aurora Status Bars... And that thing (2 Questions!)