02-24-09, 06:32 PM   #2881
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
~lol~

Is this the appropriate time to point out that my day job for the time being (at least until May, longer I pray) is modeling and simulation for the Blackhawk Helicopter?

Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
Scott I posted a screen shot of my UI in the guild forums the other day and got this comment.

"Good god that looks like a damn jet fighters HUD."

I laughed my butt off. Still I love the UI.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 02-24-09 at 07:39 PM.

02-24-09, 08:12 PM   #2882
MadCatClaudia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation transparent background?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the bottom consul have a transparent background.

I use the dragon lite one and it makes the bars transparent but i want to make the bottom consul transparent or make the background lighter. Like leave the chat background black and the other ones lighter or transparent.

I downloaded the GUI interface for this.. what a god send i hate slash commands.

I play a hunter and a shaman...
Also, for my shaman is there a way to move the buff icons? that show up in the middle of the screen like when my reincarnation is used it puts an icon in the center of the screen is there to move them?

But i do have to say I love this , i just downloaded it 4 days ago i was using bartender but this is great works great with cart3.

OHHH

Also i have recount and omen where do they show up? The bars are not showing up where do they go?

and

Also, how do you remove beneficial buffs now? I don't see where I can remove them? Like when i put on my windfury buff and i want to change it to frostbite how do i right click remove the buff?..

Sorry for the questions.

02-24-09, 10:39 PM   #2883
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Spiel, did you happen to make the fonts smaller in the newest version? I seem to be squinting more to see the numbers for latency and fps.And no, I don't need glasses I just got my first pair!

Anyone else using Autobar? What places have people found to be the best spot for it?

I have an idea for an addon. Make a whisper screen on the right...you know the spot where the battlemap/omen goes. Maybe make a little globe in the artwork flash if you have a new whisper?

02-24-09, 11:08 PM   #2884
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, first big raid nite. Sarth+3, everything went smooth as butter, new raid frames + clique made my night sooooooo easy.

Dragons dead, we moved on to Naxx, and on Construct quarter is where i started to notice problems. A big one.

The player debuffs are so small, with no count text, i had to ask other people how many stacks I had on Gluth (caused me to die once actually, 10stack GG no heals)

Is there anyway to get the debuff icons somewhat larger, and please please please, the stack count for these debuffs.

Other than that, it was perfect tonight. Thanks so much. <3

02-24-09, 11:21 PM   #2885
Bluemystic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I just wanted to take a second to say thank you for this post.... it *really* is helpful... I'm not a healy personality ~lol~ Even though my main is a prot tank, that's even a stretch for me ~grin~ So getting a concise description of need from alternate points of view is worth its weight in gold to me in terms of my ability to create code that addresses a broader need.

Just... thank you.

Ummmmm... no?

~lol~
Thanks for the thanks, I appreciate your kindness. I will be happy to provide more feedback on designs from a healer's POV as future updates come out also.

I forgot two buffs which are also important to display for a Holy Priest:
*Abolish Disease - Self casts only (Decursive also has an option to check for any existing Abol. Disease buff on a target before it even displays a colour on the unit bars for a disease. If there is an Abolish Disease (15 second buff that cures a disease every 3 seconds) on the target it doesn't even check for Diseases on that target. Could do the same for Abolish Poison too I guess);
*Guardian Spirit - Self and others casts (no sense wasting this can-of-redbull if someone else has already cast it on your target).

Also a comment about the plugin called Stats which swaps Omen and Recount depending upon in/out of combat. Would it be possible to still have the Omen and Recount in the list so that you could choose to have [Omen or Recount] or [Omen only] or [Recount only]?

02-24-09, 11:32 PM   #2886
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

blue mystic just disable the stats mo. Core nui does exactly what you mean with recount and omen

02-25-09, 12:28 AM   #2887
MadCatClaudia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy help

Originally Posted by MadCatClaudia View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the bottom consul have a transparent background.

I use the dragon lite one and it makes the bars transparent but i want to make the bottom consul transparent or make the background lighter. Like leave the chat background black and the other ones lighter or transparent.

I downloaded the GUI interface for this.. what a god send i hate slash commands.

Also, for my shaman is there a way to move the buff icons? that show up in the middle of the screen like when my reincarnation is used it puts an icon in the center of the screen is there to move them?

But i do have to say I love this , i just downloaded it 4 days ago i was using bartender but this is great works great with cart3.

OHHH

Also i have recount and omen where do they show up? The bars are not showing up where do they go?

and

Also, how do you remove beneficial buffs now? I don't see where I can remove them? Like when i put on my windfury buff and i want to change it to frostbite how do i right click remove the buff?..

Sorry for the questions.

anyone ?

help

02-25-09, 01:46 AM   #2888
Seer
A Molten Giant
anyone ?

help
Took a while to find a post about the transparent bottom console

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...postcount=2064

Offcourse if you want to try it you could always make your own skin, there is a bit of that being discussed as well

Recount and omen show up in the right hand pane, you'll have to cycle through it.

As for removing the buffs, you should be able to just right click them.. But can't you just cast the new buff ?

02-25-09, 03:04 AM   #2889
Bluemystic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
blue mystic just disable the stats mo. Core nui does exactly what you mean with recount and omen
Then you don't have the option to have them auto-switching though. I would like the ability to have them auto-switch OR display Omen all the time OR display Recount all the time.

02-25-09, 03:05 AM   #2890
MadCatClaudia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Took a while to find a post about the transparent bottom console

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...postcount=2064

Offcourse if you want to try it you could always make your own skin, there is a bit of that being discussed as well

Recount and omen show up in the right hand pane, you'll have to cycle through it.

As for removing the buffs, you should be able to just right click them.. But can't you just cast the new buff ?
i tried casting a new buff but it says that i already have a buff enabled on my weapon.

02-25-09, 03:09 AM   #2891
MadCatClaudia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ahhhh

ah ok i cut and pasted this from that post.
--------------
Stalphyr -- this is a subject that comes up fairly repeatedly... in a nutshell, no, you cannot use a transparent dashboard.

Because nUI uses vertical space in the dashboard, it moves your world frame up by 1/2 the height of the dashboard which leaves a large empty black area behind the dashboard that you cannot presently see. If the dashboard were transparent, it would show like a sore thumb.

In addition, if you really look at it, there's very little area there that the dashboards is not using. It has been my experience that when you remove the solid dashboard, the visual impact feels even more cluttered and claustrophobic.

Trust me, you *think* you want a transparent dashboard there, but if you had it, you wouldn't be happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalphyr View Post
I was Wondering if there was away to get a clear or smoke colored background I like the new defualt background but would prefure something you can see thru ( call it closterfobic) I like to see around me as much as possible plus Less graphics seems to help FPS. if not I will deal with what I got Thank you for your time on this project. When thing are possible will help out (Donation). Things will hopefully get better for everyone. That way we can Addict them all to playing wow and using your UI!!!

yes I can not spell its Early and I should be asleep but Pain has a WEIRD sort of way of stopping that!

I have CDO.
It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

Epic complaint about nUI to date -- "But please don't advertise that it greatly reduces screen clutter, cause no matter how organized clutter is, its still clutter,"
=============
I found the omen an recount.

thanks that helped alot =D

02-25-09, 05:15 AM   #2892
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Hi,

I see you already found the answer on this one, so I'll not repeat it.

~lol~ I can understand that... and there's a lot of them now. Hopefully the GUI will be built into the 5.0 soon.

No. They are in the center on purpose. They're part of the HUD as in Heads Up Display with the intention of being right in the field of vision during combat. If you don't like using a HUD then you can use the button at the top of the screen to turn it off.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it and thank you for the kind word.

OHHH

The show up in the information panel at the lower right of your display. There's a button there that says "Map" you can click to show them. You'll also find some optional nUI plugins at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=9108#optional which can be used to change how Omen and Recount are displayed.

[quote[and

Also, how do you remove beneficial buffs now? I don't see where I can remove them? Like when i put on my windfury buff and i want to change it to frostbite how do i right click remove the buff?..[/quote]

Just mouse over the buff you want to remove and right click. Note you cannot do that with the ones the center of the HUD because they are display only, but the ones shown in your buff bar. If you're using the aura bars plugin, note as well that you have to right click the icon, not the name.

02-25-09, 05:18 AM   #2893
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by fred View Post
Spiel, did you happen to make the fonts smaller in the newest version? I seem to be squinting more to see the numbers for latency and fps.And no, I don't need glasses I just got my first pair!
No... I haven't changed font sizes on anything in a very long time now. I've grown accustomed to being blind ~kidding~ It is possible the change in vertical scaling made some difference, depending on your display resolution.

Anyone else using Autobar? What places have people found to be the best spot for it?
Not I.

[qupte]I have an idea for an addon. Make a whisper screen on the right...you know the spot where the battlemap/omen goes. Maybe make a little globe in the artwork flash if you have a new whisper?[/quote]

Have you ever used a mod called WIM? If not, you should give it a go. I am hoping to build that functionality into nUI eventually. However, it will also use the left panel along with chat with an option to put it in the right panel instead.

02-25-09, 05:24 AM   #2894
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Ok, first big raid nite. Sarth+3, everything went smooth as butter, new raid frames + clique made my night sooooooo easy.
I'm glad to hear that.

Dragons dead, we moved on to Naxx, and on Construct quarter is where i started to notice problems. A big one.
There's always a but. ~grin~

The player debuffs are so small, with no count text, i had to ask other people how many stacks I had on Gluth (caused me to die once actually, 10stack GG no heals)
Hmmm... certainly there are stack counts in the HUD, which I'm guessing you don't use? As for in the unit frame, is this 10 man or 25 man Naxx? 10 man should be using the square player unit frame and I would swear it has stack counts and timers. But I do think that's missing in 25 man due to real estate. I agree, I have to find a better way to handle debuffs when the HUD is turned off.

Is there anyway to get the debuff icons somewhat larger, and please please please, the stack count for these debuffs.
Not sure how I can make them much if any larger in the existing unit frames, otherwise they simply end up hiding the unit frames. I'll give it some thought.

02-25-09, 05:28 AM   #2895
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Bluemystic View Post
Also a comment about the plugin called Stats which swaps Omen and Recount depending upon in/out of combat. Would it be possible to still have the Omen and Recount in the list so that you could choose to have [Omen or Recount] or [Omen only] or [Recount only]?
No... unfortunately, that is not possible. Without getting into the painful geekiness of it all, frames can only have one parent and in order to do what you want, they would have to have more than one parent because of the way the info panel is built. The only option is to disable the stats plugin and then you have separate pages or omen and recount or use dual stats where it shows omen and recount at the same time on the same page.

02-25-09, 06:10 AM   #2896
MadCatClaudia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I see you already found the answer on this one, so I'll not repeat it.

~lol~ I can understand that... and there's a lot of them now. Hopefully the GUI will be built into the 5.0 soon.

No. They are in the center on purpose. They're part of the HUD as in Heads Up Display with the intention of being right in the field of vision during combat. If you don't like using a HUD then you can use the button at the top of the screen to turn it off.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it and thank you for the kind word.

The show up in the information panel at the lower right of your display. There's a button there that says "Map" you can click to show them. You'll also find some optional nUI plugins at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=9108#optional which can be used to change how Omen and Recount are displayed.

[quote[and

Just mouse over the buff you want to remove and right click. Note you cannot do that with the ones the center of the HUD because they are display only, but the ones shown in your buff bar. If you're using the aura bars plugin, note as well that you have to right click the icon, not the name.[/quote]

Thank you

Last edited by MadCatClaudia : 02-25-09 at 06:10 AM. Reason: needed to seperate

02-25-09, 08:22 AM   #2897
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I can confirm this too. We did the four horseman last night and I could clearly see the debuff count in the huds debuff list to help me switch around. And with my bad eyesight thats good news. Maybe its a scale issue. Alot of the time I find my hud scale seems to have reset to 1.0 scale when I switch characters.

I'm glad to hear that.

Hmmm... certainly there are stack counts in the HUD, which I'm guessing you don't use? As for in the unit frame, is this 10 man or 25 man Naxx? 10 man should be using the square player unit frame and I would swear it has stack counts and timers. But I do think that's missing in 25 man due to real estate. I agree, I have to find a better way to handle debuffs when the HUD is turned off.

02-25-09, 08:35 AM   #2898
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Not sure how I can make them much if any larger in the existing unit frames, otherwise they simply end up hiding the unit frames. I'll give it some thought.
Suppose I should have clarified that a bit better. This was using the 25man raid frame set, and I only use the simple HUD. Because of this I've noticed that it can be difficult at times to see my debuffs on myself, as well as some other targets, but with the player frames, and the 10 man frames, the count # was at least big enough to distinguish. I think the problem I'm having with the 25man frames is a combination of real-estate, and size. I play on 1440x900 widescreen, and though everything looks great, there are parts of things that take a bit of work to see.

I almost wonder if it would work to put debuffs applied to you either near the cooldowns, or above/below the healthrace bar (but only when in simplehud).

In all honesty, something like that would eliminate my need to ever have to look at my own unit frame for anything xD

Again though, great great work.

02-25-09, 10:37 AM   #2899
Shammah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by fred View Post
I turn on the onebag option and place autobar next to the bag bar.

I set autobar's scale to 0.7, I think.

At 1680 X 1050, I have room for about 15 buttons between the bagbar and the action bar.

02-25-09, 10:44 AM   #2900
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah that would be it. I use the hud so I can see my health and mana bars without moving my eyes from the fight. But yeah, in the larger raid set ups the icons are very small so the writing could be hard to see.

Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Suppose I should have clarified that a bit better. This was using the 25man raid frame set, and I only use the simple HUD. Because of this I've noticed that it can be difficult at times to see my debuffs on myself, as well as some other targets, but with the player frames, and the 10 man frames, the count # was at least big enough to distinguish. I think the problem I'm having with the 25man frames is a combination of real-estate, and size. I play on 1440x900 widescreen, and though everything looks great, there are parts of things that take a bit of work to see.

I almost wonder if it would work to put debuffs applied to you either near the cooldowns, or above/below the healthrace bar (but only when in simplehud).

In all honesty, something like that would eliminate my need to ever have to look at my own unit frame for anything xD

Again though, great great work.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement