04-07-12, 12:50 AM   #1
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
UI Installation not working? :/

http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

People are telling me that the KGPanel.lua file is corrupted. Someone said "I start up wow with the 37 kb kgPanels.lua file and all the correct images in the customs folder and there are NO layouts in game then when you log out the kgPanels.lua is only 1 kb."

I even tried giving them a new one so I assume it might be the file itself that doesn't want to work. I have no idea, though. Could someone give me an insight as to why this is not working?

Last edited by Zirgo : 04-16-12 at 01:45 PM. Reason: removed off-site download
04-07-12, 09:03 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not going to watch a video to understand your problem. Use words to describe the problem, how others can reproduce it, what you have tried to fix it, and what specific questions you have that you need answers for.

Also, see #8 in the Site Rules:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...?p=684#post684

If your Mediafire link is actually a copy of Reflux, you should just replace it with a link to the official download page on Curse/WowAce.

If it's a link to some code, you can include that code directly in your post inside [code] tags or, if it's very long, you can use a reputable "pastebin" site like paste.wowace.com or pastebin.com.
04-16-12, 01:46 PM   #3
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I'm not going to watch a video to understand your problem. Use words to describe the problem, how others can reproduce it, what you have tried to fix it, and what specific questions you have that you need answers for.

Also, see #8 in the Site Rules:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...?p=684#post684

If your Mediafire link is actually a copy of Reflux, you should just replace it with a link to the official download page on Curse/WowAce.

If it's a link to some code, you can include that code directly in your post inside [code] tags or, if it's very long, you can use a reputable "pastebin" site like paste.wowace.com or pastebin.com.
Alright, I fixed the post to make it more comprehensive
04-16-12, 02:51 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Occasionally WoW decides it doesn't like a saved variables file it didn't create itself. This just happened to me the other day when I copied some saved variables between my accounts. I logged in, and the addon was just using its default settings. I logged out, copied in the "real" file again over the top of the default one WoW created, and then logged back in. The addon then used the "real" settings from the copied file.

Try this:
  1. Open your SavedVariables folder.
  2. Delete the existing kgPanels.lua and kgPanels.lua.bak files.
  3. Copy/paste the 37KB kgPanels.lua file from the UI download into your SavedVariables folder.
  4. Log into WoW.
  5. Log out of WoW.
  6. If you now see a 1KB kgPanels.lua file and a 37KB kgPanels.lua.bak file, this workaround will work for you. Delete the kgPanels.lua file, and rename the kgPanels.lua.bak file to kgPanels.lua (remove the .bak extension).
  7. Log back into WoW. You should now have the correct kgPanels settings.

If that doesn't work, install the addon BugSack and post any errors it reports from kgPanels.

If no errors appear, attach the 37KB kgPanels.lua file to a post in this thread so we can look at it and try to figure out what is wrong with it. The UI uploader may have accidentally deleted a comma or bracket when he removed his personal information (character names and servers) before uploading it.
04-19-12, 11:08 PM   #5
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Occasionally WoW decides it doesn't like a saved variables file it didn't create itself. This just happened to me the other day when I copied some saved variables between my accounts. I logged in, and the addon was just using its default settings. I logged out, copied in the "real" file again over the top of the default one WoW created, and then logged back in. The addon then used the "real" settings from the copied file.

Try this:
  1. Open your SavedVariables folder.
  2. Delete the existing kgPanels.lua and kgPanels.lua.bak files.
  3. Copy/paste the 37KB kgPanels.lua file from the UI download into your SavedVariables folder.
  4. Log into WoW.
  5. Log out of WoW.
  6. If you now see a 1KB kgPanels.lua file and a 37KB kgPanels.lua.bak file, this workaround will work for you. Delete the kgPanels.lua file, and rename the kgPanels.lua.bak file to kgPanels.lua (remove the .bak extension).
  7. Log back into WoW. You should now have the correct kgPanels settings.

If that doesn't work, install the addon BugSack and post any errors it reports from kgPanels.

If no errors appear, attach the 37KB kgPanels.lua file to a post in this thread so we can look at it and try to figure out what is wrong with it. The UI uploader may have accidentally deleted a comma or bracket when he removed his personal information (character names and servers) before uploading it.
I did what you said and my KGPanels.lua went from 37 to 1. However, the bak file was 1kb before and after I logged in and out.

It wouldn't let me load the kgPanels.lua.bak file but this is all it said:

Oh, and I attached my .zip just incase you needed that. Thank you very much for your help.

Lua Code:
  1. kgPanelsDB = {
  2.     ["profileKeys"] = {
  3.         ["Ve - Area 52"] = "Default",
  4.     },
  5.     ["global"] = {
  6.     },
  7.     ["profiles"] = {
  8.         ["Default"] = {
  9.         },
  10.     },
  11. }
Attached Files
File Type: lua kgPanels.lua (36.6 KB, 693 views)
File Type: zip Vheis Cata2 UIb.zip (11.06 MB, 726 views)
04-20-12, 01:01 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

There is a syntax error in the original saved variables file. This means that either you or the UI uploader tried to modify the file by hand, and did not do it correctly. BugSack should have reported an error message. Here is the section of the file with the error (with some levels of indentation removed for readability):

Code:
["scripts"] = {
	["LOAD"] = "self:SetParent("PitBull4_Frames_targettarget")
",
	["EVENT"] = "if UnitExists(\"targettarget\") == nil then\n   self:Hide()\n   return\nend\nlocal cl = UnitClassification(\"target\")\nif (cl == \"elite\") or (cl == \"worldboss\") or (cl == \"rareeleite\") then\n   self:SetBackdropColor(0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1)\n   self:Show()\nelse\n   self:SetBackdropColor(1, 1, 1, 1)\n   self:Show()\nend",
},
The part in orange is incorrect; that line should look like this instead:
Code:
	["LOAD"] = "self:SetParent(\"PitBull4_Frames_targettarget\")",
You can either fix it yourself, or use the fixed copy attached to this post.

If you did not modify the original file yourself, you should probably direct the UI uploader to this thread, or at least tell them about the problem, so they can fix it in the download.
Attached Files
File Type: lua kgPanels.lua (36.6 KB, 692 views)
04-20-12, 01:47 AM   #7
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is a syntax error in the original saved variables file. This means that either you or the UI uploader tried to modify the file by hand, and did not do it correctly. BugSack should have reported an error message. Here is the section of the file with the error (with some levels of indentation removed for readability):

Code:
["scripts"] = {
	["LOAD"] = "self:SetParent("PitBull4_Frames_targettarget")
",
	["EVENT"] = "if UnitExists(\"targettarget\") == nil then\n   self:Hide()\n   return\nend\nlocal cl = UnitClassification(\"target\")\nif (cl == \"elite\") or (cl == \"worldboss\") or (cl == \"rareeleite\") then\n   self:SetBackdropColor(0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1)\n   self:Show()\nelse\n   self:SetBackdropColor(1, 1, 1, 1)\n   self:Show()\nend",
},
The part in orange is incorrect; that line should look like this instead:
Code:
	["LOAD"] = "self:SetParent(\"PitBull4_Frames_targettarget\")",
You can either fix it yourself, or use the fixed copy attached to this post.

If you did not modify the original file yourself, you should probably direct the UI uploader to this thread, or at least tell them about the problem, so they can fix it in the download.

That fixed it. Thank you very much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Installation not working? :/