05-28-05, 10:26 AM   #1
kidstechno
A Defias Bandit
Mapnotes

Is there anywhere where I can download pre-made map-notes that people have compiled?
05-28-05, 10:53 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting idea. I haven't heard of anyone having done this yet, although it is theoretically possible that someone has. There is Atlas, which has maps for many of the dungeons and FlightMap but other than that ...

I'd think likely no, because useful map notes for one person aren't necessarily map notes that another person would care about. There would also be the problem that person A is using the map mod from CT, and person B is using the map mod by "whoever", and the two aren't compatible. But as I said, it is still possible that someone has, I'm just not aware of any.

Anyone else ever see one?
08-16-06, 02:34 PM   #3
glaurung
A Kobold Labourer
wow, resurrect a dead thread.

I have been searching for mapnotes.lua created by either meta-map or map notes to plug into my mod so I can see NPC locations. Anyone have one they would like to upload, or now where one is posted?
08-16-06, 03:26 PM   #4
MetaHawk
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Interesting idea. I haven't heard of anyone having done this yet, although it is theoretically possible that someone has. There is Atlas, which has maps for many of the dungeons and FlightMap but other than that ...

I'd think likely no, because useful map notes for one person aren't necessarily map notes that another person would care about. There would also be the problem that person A is using the map mod from CT, and person B is using the map mod by "whoever", and the two aren't compatible. But as I said, it is still possible that someone has, I'm just not aware of any.

Anyone else ever see one?
Actually...
MetaMap Will import both CT_MapMod and MapNotes. It will also export notes and lines, as well as Knowledge base exports. All can be re-imported by other MetaMap users. A 5000+ database also exists for the knowledge base, compiled by another user, which can also be imported into MetaMap.

MetaMap is on this site, and the KB database can be found at http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2173
A German version is also available there.
08-16-06, 03:29 PM   #5
MetaHawk
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ROFL - just noticed the date of your post.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mapnotes