08-26-10, 11:22 AM   #1
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Angry Carbonite maps. Frustration, PSE ADVISE

Hi. I have been using carbonite for a while now and thought I had it sorted. Highlighted detail in a center circle, Mining locations coming up and blinking if hot. Also, the minimap enlarged to full on entering dungeons. It was sweet.

I started a new char on another server and changed my setting a bit. Now I cant get em back. Even logged on the original 'good' char and holy-moly, all the settings are wrong..... I thought (wrongly) that each characters settings were unique to each char..

So I removed it completely, reloaded it and decided to start over....

Sadly, it seems to have inherited some of the original screwed up settings, some, not all.

Now none of my chars have a good map, minimap stays docked in the top left hand corner, it was in the center and round. I used to be able to switch on and off trails, Mining locations and the like, now, its a right two-and-six.

I consider myself pretty good with C++, Excel Vis Basic, Fortran(old school) and others but this has gotten me so annoyed I could scream... Please, can anyone offer a basic set up. I guess there must be one but I searched this site and could not find one.

help please.

08-26-10, 11:43 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carb does use unique settings per character. You can fully reset it though, just delete the Carbonite.lua file located in your "WTF\ACCOUNT\YOUACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" folder.

You will revert to 100% factory settings. I'd make a backup just in case beforehand.

Another option if everything is setup correctly on one of your toons, you can import the settings. You'll need to go into "/carb options" and goto the Reset heading on the left hand pane. Then on the right hand pane, choose "Import settings from another character". When you left click on that, a menu will pop down allowing you to import settings from any of your other toons. When you select one, it will force a reload and your settings will be swapped.

I know it's not the best solution, but it's the options I know.

08-26-10, 12:33 PM   #3
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Carb does use unique settings per character. You can fully reset it though, just delete the Carbonite.lua file located in your "WTF\ACCOUNT\YOUACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" folder.... Snipped...
That /savedvariables/ is per Player, as I am the only player on my PC, its easy, but, that is for ALL characters in wow... Deleted it... made no difference, deleted all carbonite references and bingo, it reloaded, into a configuration that is completely alien to me.

Copied back from back up file and now I have a square minimap highlighted in the center of my map, no gather icons and after a '/reload', the map colors seem, 'Washed out', still no gather icons, a (wanted) circular minimap in the centre.

Played around with Scale, and Transparancy and lost any semblance of usability.

Now I am deleting Carbonite in total and reloading from scratch after purging all references from my wow folders.

I tried the 'import from another char', but it shows only two chars, and they were on a server I scratched from as they no longer exist, it doesnt seem to see the other chars in my portfolio as it were. Sigh...

Good ideas Vis, but now I have gone from 'floundering' to 'drowning'.

You gotta laugh...

KS

08-26-10, 12:43 PM   #4
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kyzzy View Post
You gotta laugh...

Reloading from CarboniteAddon.com, lets see how we go

08-26-10, 12:52 PM   #5
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Angry

I dont believe it...

Each Character has its own file in WoW, and each server lives in its own folder for the player, ie, me... So I have a folder for each realm, and in that realm, is the list of characters in that realm, even deleted ones.

I was careful to delete all the Carbonite references I could find in the folders for the charactes on the realm I am using. Reloaded wow. Then re installed from download, Carbonite... Restarted wow and the carbonite settings and images are EXACTLY as they were before.

So where is that information held???

Carbonite when it works, is very good. When it does not work, you have so many variables to 'mess around with', so many folders with persistant information in and so many selectable options, Its impossible to carry settings over from one character on one realm, onto another character on another realm.

For an hour and a half now, instead of getting on with mining, I have been messing around with "£$%^&*( carbonite. GRRRRR

KS

08-26-10, 01:30 PM   #6
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation A ha Gather Icon Size

Interesting point...

Options-> map -> "Icon scale minimum size..... was set to =0 so reset it to -1 and now I have icons again.....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite maps. Frustration, PSE ADVISE