07-31-09, 08:53 AM   #1
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tiptac + Satrina Buff Mod

I've been doing some spring cleaning on my ui and clearing up space for myself. During this, I went from SBB to Satrina so I could get buff icons back to clear up some space.

My problem is, when I leave tooltips on, it defaults to the top left hand corner. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but my buffs are on that side as well, and so while I'm hovering over the buff, the tooltip info is trying to hog up the same space. Same with Debuffs, except it's on the right hand side. I'm not sure if it's anchoring it where the buffs/debuffs are or to my mouse.

I have tiptac, but it's not picking up the buff/debuff tooltip info and anchoring it to where it anchors everything else (which is where I'd like it to go).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI-Help.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	3101  

Last edited by Melody Kitn : 07-31-09 at 08:56 AM.
08-03-09, 04:58 PM   #2
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I would suggest trying TinyTip as I use that along with Satrina and have no problems with it at all.
If you are dead set about using tiptac i'll take a look at it and let you know if the anchor can be moved.
08-03-09, 05:25 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think the option in tiptac is "show anchor". Select that option and move it to the desired position, deselect the option, good to go. It's been awhile since I used it, or even played WoW, so hopefully this option is still there.
08-03-09, 06:10 PM   #4
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is probably not helpful but I use both and have used both for a long time and have no issues. Well other than SBF simply imploding for no reasons and taking every other mod down with it occasionally.

Yhor is right though, give that a try (Yeah the options still there) and that should take care of it.
08-06-09, 12:52 AM   #5
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah, almost forgot about this since I've resorted to trying to decipher buffs mentally, lol.

I've tried the options/moving anchor info, but still a no go. Only Satrina's buffs seem to have the anchor dead set on staying with the buffs.

Thanks for the help though! I'll keep plugging along till we get fixed
08-06-09, 01:02 AM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

It actually sounds like somehow the tooltip anchor is offscreen somewhere but Tooltips are screenclamped so it's just getting as close to the anchor as possible.

Have you considered completely removing the savedvariables for Tiptac and seeing what happens? If you delete the savedvariables for Tiptac (Tiptac.lua and Tiptac.lua.bak) it resets it like it's newly installed (I don't know if there's a reset to defaults in Tiptac, I've never looked).
I believe the tiptac savedvariables is in
/worldofwarcraft/wtf/account/accountname/savedvariables/tiptac.lua and tiptac.lua.bak
You can of course just rename them to something like Syxxisawesome_tiptac.lua and Syxxisawesome_tiptac.lua.bak if you aren't comfortable losing your settings.

One other thing. SBF isn't having issues with 3.2 so I wouldn't hold your breath on Satrina rushing a new version out.

Give my suggestion a try if you like and see if that works.

Good Luck!
08-06-09, 02:57 AM   #7
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
In light of this new information, I do agree Syxx is awesome and will give it a go and will let you know how it works out!

Update: Well, I deleted both the Lua and Bak and it worked in resetting TipTac to its default.

Even at its default, for some reason the buffs and debuff tooltips aren't being picked up by TipTac. I can see TipTac's moveable anchor in the middle of the screen after resetting, but the buff and debuff ones are still in their own little world, stuck to the buffs and debuffs. Even after fiddling with the anchor settings, they still stay seperate entities. It looks like the buff and debuff tooltips take on the tiptac skin, but refuse to play anchor buddies with it.

Lol, this wouldn't be the first time something breaks on me and it only happens to me XD

Last edited by Melody Kitn : 08-06-09 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Update
08-06-09, 11:29 AM   #8
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Well, that is freaky.

The only other thing you can do, unless you've done it already, is load tiptac and no other mod. Then go through one by one if you don't have a lot of mods or groups if you have tons (say 3 - 5 at a time) turning them back on and see if you can tell who the offending little twerp of a mod is that's corrupting the tiptac placement.
To be honest it actually sounds like you have another tooltip mod going somewhere that's making tiptac stroke out.
Some of the mods from custom UIs have author made tweaks aSettings is one I recall off the top of my head that has "Place tooltips on cursor" in them. If you have on of these in your addon directory it may seriously screw with Tiptac.
Also, if you can give a listing of the mods you have in your addons directory or take a screenshot or whatever it would help most likely.

I do know how it feels to be the only poor shlub having things go south on you. So, let's try and get it fixed eh?
08-06-09, 02:24 PM   #9
dc_roenfanz
A Murloc Raider
Eh. What a long circuitous route. If you have tons of modules, don't load them by fives or whatnot, that Takes too long.
Enable half of them. If the problem still exists, it's one of the loaded modules (and NOT the other half). Unload half.

If theres no problem, well you know the stuff already loaded is fine. Load half of whats left.

Rinse and repeat.
08-07-09, 07:03 AM   #10
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks guys, sounds like a plan. I'll give it a go and see what gets asploded between Satrina + Tiptac + ???, then give ya an update.

Update:

All right, in the end, I've gotta conclude it's something to do with Satrina itself.

We did a test where we simply turned off every addon except Satrina and noticed that the tooltip would default up into it's usual upmost corner and wedge itself up and over the buffs.

When we turned off Satrina and used default buffs, the tooltip was still anchored to the buffs, but it was anchored to the bottom left corner of it, so it's still plainly seeable.

If everything's off apart from Satrina, and the tooltip is still trying to cram itself into the corner, I can only assume Satrina's telling the tooltip to do naughty things and not work right, and not some other addon doing it (since they're all disabled).

I've rechecked Satrina's options, but I can't see anything that would affect placement of tooltips. There's either tooltips on, or tooltips off.

Could it be some random saved variable affecting poor Satrina's tooltips on my machine?

Update 2:

After moving the buffs to the middle of the screen (forever seemingly screwing up my symmetry since I had graphpaper up when I repositioned them back XD ), Satrina seems intent on keeping the buff and debuff tooltips anchored to the top left corner of each buff and debuff. That's why they end up squooshed up in that corner, since that's where I keep the buffs up and out of the way.

Even if TipTac doesn't pick up the buff and debuff tooltips, I just need a way of changing the buff/debuff's tooltip anchor points to just below the buffs themselves, out of the way and readable.

Last edited by Melody Kitn : 08-07-09 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Update

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tiptac + Satrina Buff Mod