10-25-09, 06:11 AM   #1
goldengamer
A Fallenroot Satyr
Vertical Docking Station

I'm wondering if there is an option to make a panel vertical with Docking Station? Keep looking through the options, but alas either it can't, or I can't see it :S

If I can't do it with DS, is there another that works the same, and is just as configurable? ^^

Thankyou in advance
10-25-09, 06:55 AM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't think this exists, afaik. From what I've seen out there, though, it may be possible with LitePanels. It's 100% configured in Lua though, so that may be a problem if you know nothing about it.

Also, width of the bar might be a problem unless you only use icons. I'm also unsure if you can rotate the items on the bar 90 degrees, if that's what you're hoping for.

If something like this doesn't already exist, be prepared for some work to get it going. Good luck.
10-25-09, 07:45 AM   #3
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
isn't tukui using a vertical docking station for the pet bar?
10-25-09, 12:47 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, that would be a kgPanel or something to place art behind the pet bar.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-01-09, 12:42 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can do vertical side panels on either or both sides of your screen with Sunn-Viewport Art. Not true docks, but the panels are built-in and configurable.

Also, there actually was something you could do this with. It's called "Dock", of all things.

Dock addon at WoWI Unfortunately, it's badly out-of-date and doesn't work very well anymore (according to the comments section). If someone who understands lua were to pick it up and run with it, they could make the minimalist crowd (at the very least) very happy.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-01-09 at 12:49 AM.
11-02-09, 11:01 AM   #6
eldavido
A Kobold Labourer
you could, in theory, make lots of smaller DS bars, say 100 px wide, and line them up vertically yourself, and have one plugin per bar, but that's gonna take some setting up ...

still, if you want it, you'll end up doing it, I know i would
11-02-09, 11:47 AM   #7
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi,

If you could describe what exactly you'd like your vertical bars do, I might try to implement it in Bazooka.

(Do you want only icons, or rotated text, too? stuff like that)

cheers,
mitch

ps: you could do the icon-only thing with creating multiple bars, but that's a pain

pps: you could take a look at Fortress, you can build your "bars" from blocks there.

ppps: I looked around the api, and it seems fairly impossible to do vertical text, so forget about that

Last edited by mitch0 : 11-02-09 at 12:15 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Vertical Docking Station