01-31-10, 12:06 PM   #1
knoker
A Murloc Raider
[help] generating XML content using lua

Hi, i would like to know if its possible showing multiple "objects" in a lua frame, being thoes objects generated by lua, for example, in my lua code i get the name of all players i have in the raid, and show them in a lua frame, with some input boxes.

ive been seaching for it but so far i only found out how to call lua funcs using buttons in the xml.

thank you for you help,
KnoKer
02-01-10, 06:15 PM   #2
ArrchDK
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lua "content" and XML "content" for all intents and purposes are the same "content" the only difference is the style code that was used to generate and manipulate them. Without knowing more about what kind of objects you are working with, and what you are trying to do with them, it's hard to give any good direction; I can only provide general information that may help you to understand how the two interact.

The only thing within XML that cannot be accomplished (I mean this directly, I know the same effect can be reached in Lua, so don't jump on my Lua-Onlyers) within Lua code, is the creation of templates.

All other objects(to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) can be generated in both XML and Lua. Frames and derived objects can be created with CreateFrame. Objects such as Fontstrings or Textures can be created by utilizing the object command of a frame, Frame:CreateFontString & Frame:CreateTexture respectively.

Hopefully that can clear up a few things.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » [help] generating XML content using lua