05-09-11, 09:02 AM   #1
qod
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Taking over an existing addon or two

I have searched for this site's rules regarding abandoned and outdated addons and the steps to take in order to take over such an addon, to no avail. I'm interested in taking over mainanence of 2 addons from the same author, "I Interrupted That" and "Spellsteal Party Links". I've made contact with the author via email and sent her the fixes I made so they could be updated on the site, and she says she's unable to get onto wowinterface due to personal matters.

Is it possible for an admin to make me co-author?
05-09-11, 09:12 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi qod,

There are three different ways we can go about this:

1) You could just upload the changed versions as "patches" to the original addons (under optional files on the main addon's page);
2) We can make you a team member on the addon; or
3) You can take over the addons completely.

In order to do either 2 or 3, we will need an email or Private Message from the original author stating that they have given you permission to [be a team member] or [take over ownership of the addons]. If going that route, the message from the original author will also need to include direct links to the files in question (so we make sure we are actioning the correct ones).
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-09-11, 09:40 AM   #3
qod
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm assuming she's checking email on her phone and unable to get online via computer. I'll need to tell her what your email is, in order for her to contact you, but not too sure about the links to the addons.
05-09-11, 04:41 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, you could always give her the links.

My email is [email protected]

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Taking over an existing addon or two