06-24-11, 04:33 PM   #1
Finmakin
A Murloc Raider

Tellmewhen

Hello folks,

I have downloaded this addon and it works perfect, have all the needed things fixed what a Mage is using during Fight but there is one thing I am struggle with..

I am trying to get a button working which reacts when a Spell (Buff) is cast by the Target which is Stealable.
Have tried a lot if thing but it seems to me that it cant be done.. or I might doing something wrong.

If anyone with the knowledge how to Fix this then its much appriciated to reply with a guide how to get this working.

Thanks in advance
Fin
06-24-11, 06:49 PM   #2
hdellinger
A Kobold Labourer
I'm a big fan of Mage Nuggets. it has a popup box when somethini you have targeted has a stealable buff.

Sorry i cant help more with TMW.
06-24-11, 07:40 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My Forfend addon will also tell you when you can steal a buff, and it doesn't bother showing up when Counterspell is on cooldown. It will tell you when you can interrupt, too. (Though I think something changed in the last patch and it's showing for some uninterruptable spells again... Keep forgetting to look at it 'cause I forget by the end of the dungeon. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-27-11, 12:00 PM   #4
qod
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
My Forfend addon will also tell you when you can steal a buff, and it doesn't bother showing up when Counterspell is on cooldown. It will tell you when you can interrupt, too. (Though I think something changed in the last patch and it's showing for some uninterruptable spells again... Keep forgetting to look at it 'cause I forget by the end of the dungeon. )
Is that a typo or intended for it not showing up while Counterspell is on cooldown? My mage can still steal spells while Counterspell in on it's 24 second cooldown. And I sometimes have to interrupt as soon as it's off cooldown. Would be more ideal if it just didn't tell if a spell can be interrupted while Counterspell is on cooldown, and still let you know a buff can be stolen anytime.
06-27-11, 02:12 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A typo. It alerts for both spellsteal and counterspell.
Originally Posted by Addon Description
The "Spellsteal!" text is only shown when your target has a buff which you can steal. The "Counterspell!" text is only shown when your target is casting or channeling a spell which you can interrupt. In addition, no text is shown if the ability is on cooldown or otherwise unable to cast it (though the global cooldown should not affect the display).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tellmewhen