Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-24-12, 12:57 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Question Have Developers given up on Carbonite?

I'm wondering if the Carboniteaddon Developers have all but given up on this product. A few reasons why I think they may have:

* Many outstanding (major) bug issues have gone unaddressed, for over a year.

-- A primary example is the Carbonite "Guide" (the red question mark). Its failure to work properly is what prompted me to write this topic. No matter which zone I'm standing in, the "Guide" points me to some obscure location thousands of miles away on different continents. And, that's only when it does anything at all! Most of the time, it has no effect when clicking on the icons. Apparently, the "Carbonite Guide" is of little importance to most other Carbonite users and/or the Developers. Otherwise, it would be working.

-- The minimap doesn't have options for and/or show icons on it, just as the large map does. And, even the large one doesn't always show what it should (like the "Blizzard" minimap). YEARS AGO, THEY BOTH USED TO! (By the way, I know both maps are based upon Blizzard's mapping system. But, that still doesn't explain why the minimaps don't reveal things equally).

-- I've noticed that hardly anyone posts on the forums anymore. Have the Developers stopped updating this addon because so many people have stopped playing WoW? Just because some people have lost interest in the game, that doesn't mean everyone has. I still love the Carboniteaddon, but it seems to be dying right along with WoW, itself.

Anyway, I'd certainly like to HEAR FROM A DEVELOPER about the issues I've mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Haavok wrote the following comment in July of 2011. So far, the "content" he mentioned still hasn't been added.

...because the guide hasn't been updated yet for the new content. The next release will add class & profession trainers for all cities.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Have Developers given up on Carbonite?