08-23-06, 04:03 PM   #1
Elvolas
A Murloc Raider
Mapnotes, ressurecting the dead thread, hopefully not to die again

-----------------------------------------Mod Description--------------------------------------------

I was hoping that sometime, someone could make a mod that let you install your own mapnotes much easier. When you are in map mode, select map notes mod on the bottom of the screen and you will be able to see the locations you have marked before or create new ones. To create one, select an area on the map, right click, (a little menu should pop up beside cursor) and click on the create new map note. You will then be able to stake out a single point, make a waypoint path, or stake out a whole territory with boundaries. If u just want a node (single point) then double click in the area you want it. If u want to mark out a territory then click once on where u want this boundary to start, move to the next point you want the boundary to move along, to the next, and connect all the nodes until you have a well shapped territory. (Do not click the right mouse button before you have made a full loop or it will make a waypoint path). If you want a waypoint path, click once on where you want it to start then where you want the next point of the path to be, and again, until you have the path staked out as you want it. Once you have staked out the place, right click on it and it should say "undo partition" (this will delete that node, allowing you to reshape the path/ boundery), "delete note" (will delete the entire node/ boundery/path), or "edit". Select "edit". This will open up the edit menu.
There will be an option for...
1. Note name (This will be shown below the minimap's territory name.)
2. Note description- write what you want about that area.
3. Note color- change the color so that you'll recognize it right away.
4. Note style- territory only; select if you want the color to be striped, barred, or checkered, or full.

---------------------------------------------Settings----------------------------------------------

There are three kinds of maps: Geography map, note map (nodes and territories), or tactical map (shows only waypoint paths).
There will be an icon beside the minimap that will show the minimap options toggle. This will shift through the types of maps to be displayed on the mini map (Geography, Tactical, or Note map).

Although I probably made a confusing mess, i hope someone can decipher it well enough to make something out of it. I, for one, would find it quite handy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mapnotes, ressurecting the dead thread, hopefully not to die again