08-09-13, 09:32 AM   #1
Amai
A Murloc Raider
Minimap buttons diameter

I'm trying to learn sth about UI making and for that I found an addon which is UI and utilizes Bartender (To spare the dumb 'dizbebetter' wars, I won't say which addon it is).
My problem with this addon is that it moved minimap, but it also misplaced buttons around it (blizzard and addons buttons alike). Misplaced as in they're too close to the center of the map, covering it in the process. How can I find (or add) a function responsible for this and increase the diameter so it's placed the way I want it to be?

On a side note, what does 'toon' do? I saw this in a few functions and I just don't get what this parameter is responsible for. Example:
function xxx_CastMath(toon, spell, rank, barwidth, barheight, texture)

Last edited by Amai : 08-09-13 at 10:00 AM.

08-09-13, 11:50 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Without knowing what minimap addon you're using, it's difficult to give you much help.

toon is just what the author named that variable. Usually, that word is used as slang for the character it references.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-09-13, 12:06 PM   #3
Amai
A Murloc Raider
I'm not using any addons for minimap, it's just that UI addon that moved the position of the minimap. And there must be some general command(s) for setting its diameter, right?

08-09-13, 12:29 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What is the UI you are using?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-09-13, 01:16 PM   #5
Amai
A Murloc Raider
And let the flame wars begin... SpartanUI.

08-09-13, 01:26 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have no idea why you were so reluctant to divulge that information. Now we know what we're working with.

First of all, are you using the most recent version of the UI? I've no idea why he stopped updating it here, but it was last updated at Curse on June 1. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/spartan-ui

08-09-13, 01:50 PM   #7
Amai
A Murloc Raider
Cause I've seen multiple threads where people start bitching about how there are better UI addons and go completly offtopic.

My goal is to learn all that LUA and XML as much as possible, so atm I'm working on 2.1.3. version (meaning TBC).
So far it's going pretty well, I'm slowly understanding these files and I made a few (working) changes I'm pleased with. These are minor things though. Out of the harder (for me) things to do I want to increase the number of buffs showing, change their location and make the icons show duration too, but I lack a lot of knowledge for that still. ^^

08-09-13, 03:38 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Err, why are you working with an old version? There are lots of changes over time that may mean that an old version won't work at all...
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

08-09-13, 03:44 PM   #9
Amai
A Murloc Raider
Yay, let's completly ignore the main idea of this thread and gossip a bit! Let the offtopic begin!
Originally Posted by Amai View Post
My goal is to learn all that LUA and XML as much as possible, so atm I'm working on 2.1.3. version (meaning TBC).
If it wasn't that obvious, I do also have TBC client installed, patched to 2.4.3. and ready.

Here is all what .lua file contains about minimap:
Code:
function Sui_MinimapFix()
	MinimapBorderTop:Hide()
	MinimapToggleButton:Hide()
	MinimapBorder:Hide()
	Minimap:SetHeight(154)
	Minimap:SetWidth(154)
	Minimap:ClearAllPoints()
	Minimap:SetPoint("CENTER", "SUI_MapOverlay", "CENTER", 0, 0)
	-- Beladona: fix for stacking frame bug
	MinimapCluster:SetMovable(true);
	MinimapCluster:SetUserPlaced(true);
	-- end stacking frame fix
	MinimapCluster:ClearAllPoints()
	MinimapCluster:SetPoint("CENTER", "SUI_MapOverlay", "CENTER", -10, -4)
	MinimapZoneText:Hide()
	MinimapZoneTextButton:Hide()
	-- MinimapZoneText:SetFontObject(SUI_Multilingual)
	-- SUI_MinimapCoords:SetFontObject(SUI_Multilingual)

end
Any hints for the diameter?

08-09-13, 03:53 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you actually want to learn how to make addons, you should be working with the actual current version, not an adulterated version from 9 years ago that isn't relevant to the current state of WoW UI development.

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-09-13 at 04:07 PM.

08-09-13, 04:08 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Amai View Post
Yay, let's completly ignore the main idea of this thread and gossip a bit! Let the offtopic begin!
You should have paid a bit better attention to who was asking the question ...

And, as Phanx quoted above:

Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-09-13 at 04:10 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Changing values does nothing (Bartender)