10-25-08, 06:36 PM   #1
Thendix
A Defias Bandit
Question Aloft Textures Disappeared

Hi there, I just recently started playing again for the new expansion and I got up most of the addons I had when I left about a month ago and everything was working fine. My only problem now is that I can't choose any other texture for it other than 'Blizzard', when I usually use 'LiteStep' which worked when I first installed the addon and now after relogging it only allows me to select 'Blizzard' texture?

Any suggestions? Already looked into it and all I found was 'You need SharedMedia' which didn't fix the problem...

Thanks in advance.
10-25-08, 06:49 PM   #2
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Thendix View Post
Hi there, I just recently started playing again for the new expansion and I got up most of the addons I had when I left about a month ago and everything was working fine. My only problem now is that I can't choose any other texture for it other than 'Blizzard', when I usually use 'LiteStep' which worked when I first installed the addon and now after relogging it only allows me to select 'Blizzard' texture?

Any suggestions? Already looked into it and all I found was 'You need SharedMedia' which didn't fix the problem...

Thanks in advance.
i am now, for all practical purposes, the "Author" of Aloft (i have taken over maintenance, and am working on new features).

this "new" version is available at:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...AloftBeta.html

i don't really know what could be going wrong specifically with your textures. however...

older versions of Aloft are not likely to function very well with WoW 3.0.2 and beyond.

as for old Aloft configurations, they may or may not work very well with this "new" version.

as for fonts and textures, this "new" version of Aloft uses SharedMedia:

http://www.wowace.com/projects/sharedmedia/
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...aredmedia.aspx

SharedMedia will provide a whole raft of fonts and textures for use by this "new" version of Aloft and any other addon that incorporates LibSharedMedia-3.0.

hope that helps.
10-25-08, 07:36 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You likely had another addon providing the LiteStep texture and you no longer have that addon installed/enabled. Install SharedMedia from the link in acapela's above post.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Aloft Textures Disappeared