01-24-10, 10:38 PM   #1
caccal2
A Murloc Raider
Quests watch not updating

I have one character that the Carbonite quest watch screen will not update as the quest progresses along. If I take a quest it will list it, but for example if I am to kill 10 Quiillfang Ravagers as I kill them it does not change from 0/10. After I have killed all 10 the quest will not list as complete until I log off the character to the caracter select screen and log back on. Then it lists it as complete. Like I said this only happens on one and no other caracters I play. Any help please?

01-25-10, 12:55 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have run into this problem on occasion also. It doesn't happen with any particular frequency on any particular character. It's odd, though, because as you do the quest, it won't update the on screen quest objective text, but if you look in the quest watch, the objective is always updated. No need to log out, just stop watching that quest momentarily, start watching it again, and the on screen quest objective text will update. That's what happens for me, anyway.

I've got to admit, though, it is kind of weird.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-25-10 at 12:57 AM.

01-26-10, 12:27 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by caccal2 View Post
I have one character that the Carbonite quest watch screen will not update as the quest progresses along.
Do you mean the objective line in the Quest Watch List or the text with the HUD arrow?

01-26-10, 11:09 PM   #4
caccal2
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

Its the objective line in the Quest Watch List. If I kill 4 out of 10 mobs the objective line in the Quest Watch List will show 0/10. if i log out and then log right back on the line will read 4/10.

Again, thanks for any help and your time

01-27-10, 12:10 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The number comes directly from the game. Each time the game says any quests have changed we grab all the values, which are then shown in the Watch List. I have not seen any problem with that recently. In the past that appeared to be from the game not giving us correct data.

Another addon could possibly cause a problem with it, so I would try it with all other addons disabled.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests watch not updating