02-22-10, 08:55 AM   #1
bock
A Murloc Raider
Small map in Corner of Minimap

There is a small square map that sometimes pops up in the top left of the Carbonite minimap. This map seems to show the flashing yellow dots of the herbs or mining nodes. How is this adjusted so it shows up more often? I haven't been able to figure out what makes it pop up. The nodes will flash there way before they do on the minimap or the regular map, but, if it doesn't pop up, I am sure I am missing nodes.

Thank you.

02-24-10, 07:40 AM   #2
bock
A Murloc Raider
WOW, no answer at all??

02-24-10, 08:32 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is one Carbonite map. Sometimes it's maximized, and sometimes it's minimized (the M key by default toggles it between the two sizes) but it's the same map.There is only one minimap - the one that Blizzard provides, and in which herb and mining nodes, for example, appear as yellow dots. You can dock the minimap inside the Carbonite map, or leave it undocked (check the minimap section of the Carb options, iirc), but either way, the yellow dots only appear on the minimap (because Blizz provides no way for addons or even their own large map to display those dots).

The default (I'm not sure how to change it, or even if you can) detection distance for nodes is 80 yards, so when you get within 80 yards of one, it shows up on the minimap. When you go out of range, it disappears.

FWIW, I don't dock the minimap in the carb map (because I use nUI and there's a place for the minimap built into the dashboard) and when I'm flying around looking for nodes (using Carb's route feature) I watch the minimap and the "crazy arrow" more closely than the routing trail on the carb map. I rarely miss nodes this way. If you're not using nUI, docking the minimap can work well though.

02-24-10, 09:11 AM   #4
bock
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for your reply, I have attached a screenshot of the little map with a flashing node, where it is not flashing in the minimap. I was looking for a way to show the little map in the top left corner of the minimap or figure out what it is.

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022410_070717.jpg
Views:	1589
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	4000  

Last edited by bock : 02-24-10 at 09:13 AM. Reason: No screenshot

02-24-10, 09:16 AM   #5
bock
A Murloc Raider
Checking "Minimap docks always" did it, thanks for the reply!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Small map in Corner of Minimap