05-24-10, 01:17 PM   #1
Nightness
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
More LUA Fun!

For those of you that can't get enough of LUA... I've written a macro program, called VKO. It comes with an internal LUA script language, built on Dot.Net classes. The program, two years in development, allows you remap keyboard, mouse, and game controller inputs. It also comes with a syntax highlighting LUA editor.

Personally, I use the program to setup a game controller to send keyboard and mouse events. Allowing me to use my game controller with WoW. Also, an input event can be remapped to a script, so complex and timed-out actions can be completed with a single key or button press.

If you're interested in such a program, my web site is <url removed>. Downloads also available from <url removed>, if you use Download.com be sure to click "Check for VKO Updates" (after you start-up VKO), on the start page, to get the newest version.

Nightness
MagnetButtons author

Last edited by Seerah : 05-24-10 at 06:29 PM. Reason: removed off-site download links
05-24-10, 04:07 PM   #2
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

malware time?
05-24-10, 06:34 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I've removed the off-site download links. No offense, but it is in our forum rules about downloads from 3rd party sites. We cannot ensure our users' safety with links to downloads on other sites. If you like, you may host your program on our site in the WoW Tools and Utilities category - the .exe will then be guaranteed by our site for user download.

One thing to note, however, is that WoW's rule is "one action per hardware event". This means that your "sticky keys" and macros for using delays and multiple presses are against the TOS/EULA. If you did wish to upload the program to our site, it would not be approved if it contained these features. We would also advise users (including yourself) not to use those features of your program for WoW.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-24-10, 10:35 PM   #4
Nightness
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I've removed the off-site download links. No offense, but it is in our forum rules about downloads from 3rd party sites...
I understand; not a problem. I didn't want WoW interface to host (it's not explicitly "for WoW"), just thought people here would be interested since it's LUA. I can't get enough LUA programming.

Originally Posted by suicidalkatt View Post
malware time?
It's two years in development, and it shows. I don't think anyone writing malware would write extensive documentation, example scripts, and provide a support forum; but you wouldn't even know there was any of that, because you trash-talked without even investigating. :P

Nightness

Last edited by Nightness : 05-24-10 at 10:43 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » More LUA Fun!