10-14-10, 05:14 PM   #1
Turel
A Defias Bandit
Holy power counter

What i was looking for is an addon that tells me how many holy power stack i have on the spell icon inmy action bars. something like the range indicator, that displays a number, telling me how many holy power/combo point i have. i searched around, and i found weird i couldn't find anything like it, as rogues abilities have the same issues, they deal more damage the more combo point they have, but the ability icon in their bars doesn't display it, the player actually has to go look it up in target frame, as for holy power at the moment, i've to go look it up on the character frame, or use an addon that displays it, which as for as much helpful it is, it doesn't avoid the problem that i still have to look up somethingelse than my action bars.

anyone could help ? redirecting to something existing or work it out for me ? i honestly have no clue how addons work, at all, but this should be doable:

I'm asking for something like the range indicator on spell, but being a counter for the current number of holy power charges i have, inside the spells icon in my action bar(word of glory, shield of the righteous, inquisition, templar verdict, divine storm)

thanks in advance.
10-14-10, 05:16 PM   #2
AnthonyK
WTF

Originally Posted by Turel View Post
What i was looking for is an addon that tells me how many holy power stack i have on the spell icon inmy action bars. something like the range indicator,
Xperl does it, if you want a new unit frame to boot.
10-14-10, 07:24 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Try Ristretto Power. Also works for combo points, Maelstrom Weapon stacks, and rogue poisons.
10-14-10, 07:57 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is also HolyTrinity though it does not go on your action buttons.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-15-10, 05:33 AM   #5
Turel
A Defias Bandit
sorry, you say xperl does that, but from what i can read xperl is only a unit frames addon. i found nothing of it regarding action bars, also i'm worried it'd be too heavy and to install a whole interface changing addon just for a small counter on 2-3 spells makes me feel pretty dumb. Any chance of something lighter that someone came up with ?

i'm already using nugcombobar atm which is nice but it does still involme me looking at it(spheres lighting up) instead of my spells. sorry but don't suggest other addons like it. i just wanted a numeric counter on the spell icon. easy and neat.
10-15-10, 05:43 AM   #6
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What Frames you use?

If you use oUF you can easily implement a TAG to output that.

I have implemented it on my oUF_lumen layout.

But even if you have not oUF you just need to change from a Tag to a function and register the event UNIT_POWER.

PHP Code:
    -- Holy Power
    oUF
.Tags["lumen:holypower"] = function(unit)

local hp UnitPower('player'SPELL_POWER_HOLY_POWER)

local str

if hp == 1 then
            str 
string.format("|CFFffffff%d|r",hp)
        elseif 
hp == 2 then
            str 
string.format("|CFFfff880%d|r",hp)
        elseif 
hp == 3 then
            str 
string.format("|CFFf5e92f%d|r",hp)
        else

str ""

end

return str
    end

oUF
.TagEvents["lumen:holypower"] = "UNIT_POWER" 
You then need to create the string to "output" this value, like this:

PHP Code:
    -- Paladin Holy Power
    local PaladinHolyPower 
= function(self)

if(
PlayerClass == "PALADIN"then
            local HolyPower 
self:CreateFontString(nil'OVERLAY')

HolyPower:SetPoint('CENTER'self'RIGHT', (cfg.target_frame_x_from_player/2), 0)

HolyPower:SetFont(fontcfg.fontsize*3"OUTLINE")

HolyPower:SetJustifyH('CENTER')

HolyPower:SetShadowOffset(1, -1)

self:Tag(HolyPower'[lumen:holypower]')

end    
    end 
Hope that helps.
10-15-10, 12:42 PM   #7
Turel
A Defias Bandit
i don't use unit any frames addon, i only use tauntmaster(threat check addon+click and cast Righteous defense on small square frame much like decursive, amazing thing)

and i must apologize again, i have no knowledge of addons or lua, i fail to understand why would i need a unit frame addon to add a counter on my spells icon in the action bars ?
isn't there a way to just do that, without having to put in a whole other thing i have no need for ?

like adding a line like those u wrote for me(and thanks for that, i'm thinking of trying ouf just to see) as a standalone addon ? or to tauntmaster ?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Holy power counter