02-05-11, 09:33 PM   #1
FlameStream
A Kobold Labourer
Raid Frame: Select Unit on Mousedown Event

I was wondering if there is any add-on that converts mousedown events into mouseclick events on any raid frames. At first I was looking into this functionality in any context but then I realized that it would break camera controls with mouse (unless you can have a different context when you hover over a targetable unit on screen, which would be wonderful).

Non-technical description of the request
I am looking for an add-on that lets me select a unit in any unit frames (official or grid2 alike) by simply holding the mouse button down on the target. Currently, the selection is only on after you release the mouse. The functionality wanted is similar to SnowFallKeyPress.

Rationale
The reason why I'm looking for such thing is that I find myself out of sync when I got used to SnowFallKeyPress. The problematic chain of event follows like this:
Code:
mousedown -> keydown -> mouseup/click -> keyup/press
                 ^         ^
(Action fired)---'         '------(unit targeted)
It happens pretty often to me when I use reactive abilities that requires mouse targeting first. Example of where this can be a problem is healing your last targeted player in a pinch rather than the one you targeted a few milliseconds ago or cycloning an the focused target when another enemy joins the fight (wrongly).

If it's not possible to have this enabled on unit frame context (or a 'targetable' on screen) then is there an alternative to grid2 that has this functionality (with equivalent customization if possible)?
02-06-11, 12:29 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you are clicking to target when healing, I suggest using Clique instead. iirc, it even has the option to use OnMouseDown now instead of OnMouseUp if you prefer.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Raid Frame: Select Unit on Mousedown Event