03-20-11, 08:49 AM   #1
CWB211
A Defias Bandit
Help with Forte Cooldown Timer

Hi,

I've been using Forte soley for the purpose of the cooldown timer bar with most of my classes now and I've had no issues so far, but I just started playing my DK again and Im having an annoying problem with it that I just can't seem to figure out.

What Forte is doing is that it is trying to tell me that skill that are not really on cooldown are actually on cooldown based on my available runes. For instance, say... Army of the Dead... I have not used the ability yet, so its not on its 10 minute cooldown, but if I do not have the correct runes currently available to cast the spell if I wanted to it will try and tell me it is on cooldown. It is doing this for all of the DK spells so it is basically constantly spamming my cooldown timer with skills going on and off of cooldown every time I use a rune, which is annoying since it makes the whole cooldown timer useless to me.

I would just like to know if there is a way to make it not consider available runes when telling me what is on cooldown and just it judge it on actual timers like it should.

I did add all of the basic strikes like Icy Touch, Plague Strike, and Blood Strike to the Hide option so thats not an issue but for the actual spells I do want to see like Strangulate and Army of the Dead I still have this issue. I have also uncheck all 3 Rune types from the My Cooldown section, which I thought would solve this but it hasn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I like this Mod and don't want to switch to another cooldown bar, but I will if I can't get this to work like I want it too.

Thanks.
03-20-11, 10:46 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Forte uses the Blizzard cooldown API to get cooldowns for the bar - and Blizzard considers an ability to be on cooldown if you don't have the runes to use it, as a DK.
03-20-11, 03:45 PM   #3
CWB211
A Defias Bandit
Wow, ok. Well thanks for the reply... Basically I guess I'll start looking for a new Mod then if there is no way to fix this issue with Forte.

Is there another Mod anyone knows that would display cooldowns in a bar style like Forte that doesn't have this issue with DKs? I use to use SexyCoolDown but that Mod really isn't supported anymore and hasn't been updated in a long time... I heard CoolLines does the same but is that also based off of the same system as Forte?

Last edited by CWB211 : 03-20-11 at 03:47 PM.
03-20-11, 05:10 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't recall if Forte has the same option, but iirc CoolLine has an option to not put DK skills on cooldown if it's just from runes. At least I don't recall my CoolLine being spammed with abilities while playing my DK....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with Forte Cooldown Timer