07-28-12, 12:24 PM   #1
Ayllia
A Murloc Raider
Minimap won't zoom back in

I don't know if this is a bug or a dumb user error, but my minimap view is zoned so far out I can't see anything, and the + and - buttons are not changing the zoom. When I switch to the regular map, it's perfect, only the minimap is messed up. The little map inthe upper left corner of the minimap is fine too. Help please? I rely on this feature for mining/herbing.

07-28-12, 06:41 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ayllia View Post
I don't know if this is a bug or a dumb user error, but my minimap view is zoned so far out I can't see anything, and the + and - buttons are not changing the zoom. When I switch to the regular map, it's perfect, only the minimap is messed up. The little map inthe upper left corner of the minimap is fine too. Help please? I rely on this feature for mining/herbing.
First things first: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

That being said: Have you tried to hover the minimized Carbonite map and use the mouse wheel to adjust your zoom? I didn't see it mentioned, that's why I'm asking.

If you have, and that doesn't work either, have you tried right clicking a non-icon area of the map and clicking on "Restore saved map scale"?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-29-12, 07:55 AM   #3
Ayllia
A Murloc Raider
Yes, I already tried both of these. More specifically, I use a laptop with no mouse, so I used the trackpad to try to zone in and out, and it only works when the map is maximized. When it is minimap-sized I can neither use the + or -, nor can I change the zoom with the trackpad. Restoring map scale has no effect.

07-29-12, 01:08 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ayllia View Post
Yes, I already tried both of these. More specifically, I use a laptop with no mouse, so I used the trackpad to try to zone in and out, and it only works when the map is maximized. When it is minimap-sized I can neither use the + or -, nor can I change the zoom with the trackpad. Restoring map scale has no effect.
I also play on a laptop, and I was able to zoom the map with the trackpad. Mine has a specific zone on the trackpad for scrolling, and I had to mess with it a bit to find it again. I use a mouse (with a scroll wheel since I'm using Window's, and I'm guessing you're on a Mac), so I have the trackpad disabled, generally. I had to hover the map, and then use the trackpad to "scroll" the map. I'm guessing that's what you are doing, but it's not working for you for some unknown reason.

I'm going to suggest that you try typing "/carb resetwin" (without the quotes) into chat. That will reset all of Carbonites windows on that character. Although, I'm not sure if that will reset the map zoom, since I've never had this particular problem.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap won't zoom back in