08-23-06, 09:43 AM   #1
Elentari
A Defias Bandit
Clique & the old Watchdog

So up until this last patch, I've been using a very old version of Watchdog that still had all the click-to-cast code intact. I loved it. I particularly liked being able to left and right click spells without having to hold down a control or other button. That made it very easy for me to shield and renew on the fly, and then I could heal through button combinations. So, I was very excited to find out about Clique and the new Watchdog recently... but there is one thing I've noticed. Unlike the old Watchdog's click-to-cast code, Clique works on your original party player icons... the ones in the top left of the screen that come standard when you join a party. The old Watchdog, to my knowledge, didn't do that. While this is an interesting feature, it makes it rather difficult to click on anyone in your party for the drop-down menus... when I try it, Clique takes over, where in the old Watchdog, the click-to-cast only started up when you were using the Watchdog frames or the pulled-out raid frames.

So, I guess I'm asking if there is a way (or plans to implement a way) to specify which frames you want Clique to affect.

Thanks so much for your great mods! I really enjoy them. Keep up the good work!

El
08-23-06, 10:13 AM   #2
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You can config a bind to do it. Make a new custom bind and add:
Clique:UnitMenu()

Last edited by Saynt : 08-23-06 at 05:08 PM.
08-23-06, 10:21 AM   #3
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Alternatively I believe you can just delete Clique_BlizzUnitFrames.lua from the Clique\Plugins folder.

This should remove Clique's clickcast functionality from the regular blizzard unit frames.
08-23-06, 10:39 AM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are a few questions here. First off, delete any of the plugins you don't want to have installed. That's why they are there. As I develop the options for the final release you will be able to BLACKLIST certain plugins from loading, regardless of whether or not the file is there.

Also, you can bind Clique:UnitMenu() as a custom script to whatever binding you choose. Don't put Clique:UnitMenu(unit) cause it simply won't work unless you have a variables named "unit" declared (you don't).

There are a number of custom scripts available, to view them simply make a new custom script, and right-click on the edit box. You can post in the Clique thread for more help, or just email me cladhaire at the lovely gmail.com
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
08-23-06, 10:58 AM   #5
Elentari
A Defias Bandit
Thanks so much! I deleted the aforementioned lua file and it's working splendidly. I really appreciate the fast response. Keep up the good work! You make my job as a healer -so- much easier.
08-23-06, 10:59 AM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Glad everything is working well for you. Keep in mind that special functions like "Clique:CureAny()" have come over from WatcHDog too, and the scripting system is infinitely powerful =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Clique & the old Watchdog