12-14-10, 06:36 PM   #41
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by djGrrr View Post
u don't need to logout to unload carbonite, an addon such as addon control panel can do that with a simple reload ui, and after running for a while, if i switch it off then reload ui, the problem goes away, if i don't turn it off, and reload ui with carbonite the problem stays. also, i seriously doubt the issue would even be noticable if i unloaded all other addons, for 1, i can't even do any kind of combat without addons because the builtin ui is so crap, 2, i have a lot of addons and i'm sure they do add some load, and without them its probably going to take a LOT longer to find any issue because other addons are not taking up any resources. but as i've stated, the issue only pops up if carbonite is loaded, and from many other forum posts on the issue i think it can't be that un-common
Keep in mind that Carbonite has thousands of users and most of the ones you see make posts in these forums are ones who are having some form of problem. So the "many" posts you see here are a relatively low percentage of users. Most, such as myself, are not seeing any problems at all.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-15-10, 01:40 PM   #42
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Unloading Carbonite does not mean it is Carbonite, since unloading it requires logging out and back in, which reloads the world and all addons.

Is "Display Lua Errors" checked in the Help page of the game Interface options? It needs to be on or when addon errors happen you may get lag without knowing why.

If we saw serious bugs like that we would be fixing them. I spent about 4 hours last night testing beta 4 by leveling my rogue from 80 to 81. I did 51 quests in Vashj'ir. There was no lag. Common bugs are easy to spot, because many people will post about them. See how many people posted about chat spam or missing quest areas? A lot. Your bug could easily be caused by a rare combination of game, addon and OS settings.

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
2 Delete the Cache folder.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.
4 Delete all Carbonite folders in Inteface\Addons. Download and install the latest Carbonite version again.
5 Disable all addons except Carbonite.
6 Play and see what happens.

Also try typing /reload if you see the problem and see if that reduces it.

just wanted to add to this, as I also thought it was carbonite at first when this happened to me, as ya disabling carbonite completely fixed it, but as the author said, it is another issue.

When i tested more, on how to fix the lag, i found that it was atlasloot that was causing this lag, not carbonite. But then again that could be the same issue and it could be something else :P, but i prefer to have carbonite running over atlasloot so ya.

EDIT:
Sorry thought the quote would of also quoted the other person to, but this post is directed to "DjGrrr"

Last edited by logaholic : 12-15-10 at 01:43 PM.

12-15-10, 09:56 PM   #43
tapdov
A Defias Bandit
I had the same issue of my screen freezing every time I used an ability, I tried using CPU profiling to pinpoint which addon was suddenly slowing me down, but I got a different result each time.
It went away after disabling w/e addon I thought was causing it, but considering I disabled different addons each time, it was probably just the reload that helped.
I use 10s of addons, so if this is an addon problem, I'd have quite a time finding it

12-16-10, 12:50 AM   #44
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tapdov View Post
I had the same issue of my screen freezing every time I used an ability, I tried using CPU profiling to pinpoint which addon was suddenly slowing me down, but I got a different result each time.
It went away after disabling w/e addon I thought was causing it, but considering I disabled different addons each time, it was probably just the reload that helped.
I use 10s of addons, so if this is an addon problem, I'd have quite a time finding it
this is exactly my problem, it would probably take me days to figure out which addon(s) is/are causing it, if not just carbonite, it takes a while before the lag starts, i can try maybe with no addons besides carbonite but to be honest i really can't play like that, maybe just questing or something.

i also noticed every time i click on complete quest after carbonite has been loaded for a while, it also lags for a bit

12-16-10, 05:08 AM   #45
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I had a similar issue in ICC a week back, where whenever we would engage in combat my framerate would drop to about 2 per minute. Doing a reload helped for about 15 minutes, then it was back to the unplayable framerate again. Carbonite was the first thing I disabled (since I was running a beta version), and it seemed to work for about ten to fifteen minutes, but then the problem was back.

If you're experiencing this, a reload of your UI (/reload, /reloadui or /reload ui) might be just what you need.

12-16-10, 09:56 AM   #46
Kathan
An Aku'mai Servant
If something drastic like this happens, it helps to not load out of date addons, even if it might just need a toc update. Recount was fubard for me and doing the uber lag after a while before it got a proper 4.0 update.

Addon Control Panel is your best friend, ever. It'll bring home your favorite fast food, bring you cold pop, and give you that needed back massage from endless hours of playing WoW.

Oh crap, I'm mistaking ACP for my wife.

12-17-10, 01:07 AM   #47
Fledder
A Murloc Raider
No issues from my side. Working perfect again.
I am happy with the new database, fixed the "objective not in database" issue for me. Thanks guys.

12-17-10, 07:41 AM   #48
crc32
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Keep up the good work, enjoying the game once again. Do you need anything? Coffee? I can fix you some delicious smooth Brazilian coffee. Nothing else like it.

12-17-10, 03:46 PM   #49
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We think 4.032 is ready for release. Due to some major code changes the last few days, I will put out beta 6 in a few hours after I do some final testing. If feedback is good, then 4.032 will go out tonight.

12-17-10, 10:26 PM   #50
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i think i have the issue i was having narrowed down to a few addons, i suspect its recount, but i have to do more testing to know for sure. i still had some lag while turning in some quests, that could be Carbonite related but its really not bad like the other lag i was having which was killing my framerate. I'll get back to this thread after i know for sure which addon was causing my issues.

12-17-10, 10:33 PM   #51
Rhaeven
A Murloc Raider
beta 6 = <3

Thanks for your continued hard work making this awesome thing awesomer.

12-18-10, 04:55 PM   #52
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
Carbonites Archaeology feature currently only works on english clients. No artefact-locations are detected on german clients.

12-19-10, 10:48 PM   #53
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The quest [Return to the Lost City] has a problem, the guy you are supposed to turn it into is INSIDE the lost city dungeon, but Carbonite maps him outside way to the north west.

12-20-10, 01:12 AM   #54
mrlister
A Murloc Raider
So is .032 > .032006 ?

12-20-10, 04:07 AM   #55
hilltop67
A Murloc Raider

Turn recording Off or On

Hi,.

Sorry couldn't find the post about turning recording on or off I know it was /carb unitd ? didn't want to do anything till I check.

Thank You and OMG the current release is incredible

12-20-10, 06:50 PM   #56
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by mrlister View Post
So is .032 > .032006 ?
Yes it is.

12-21-10, 02:17 AM   #57
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Garonne View Post
Carbonites Archaeology feature currently only works on english clients. No artefact-locations are detected on german clients.
The text below in Localization.lua needs to be translated for deDE, frFR, esES and ruRU.

NXlARTIFACTS = "Searching for Artifacts" -- Fix

Find the string that works and I'll put it in the next version.

12-21-10, 02:21 AM   #58
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mrlister View Post
So is .032 > .032006 ?
4.032006 is a beta of 4.032.

Versions are x.yyyzzz

x = Major
y = Minor
z = Beta (0 is not beta)

12-21-10, 02:24 AM   #59
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by hilltop67 View Post
Sorry couldn't find the post about turning recording on or off I know it was /carb unitd ? didn't want to do anything till I check.
/carb unitd is a toggle. There are no other options after unitd.

12-21-10, 03:52 AM   #60
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
4.032006 is a beta of 4.032.

Versions are x.yyyzzz

x = Major
y = Minor
z = Beta (0 is not beta)
I got confused by that one as well, I guess I'm just used to the highest version number being the newest one. I'd have figured 4.032006 would be a beta for 4.033.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.032006 Beta (many bug fixes)