12-15-09, 01:43 PM   #1
trav
Premium Member

Premium Member
Based on what I read on Curse

Cartographer is dead. The feature that I like best, and one that I have suggested to Bliz for years is the ability to look at the map and still navigate one's character.
Is there another map out there that one can use to do that or is one currently under development?
Thanks,
trav
12-15-09, 02:50 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Mapster is a pretty good alternative and can be downloaded from this site.

- Winston Churchill
12-15-09, 03:24 PM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Actually, Blizz does offer that feature now. Just click on the little arrow at the top-right of your screen. Mapster, which is what I'm using, also has the same features and a few extras thrown in you'll love.
12-15-09, 06:33 PM   #4
alphaomega16
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I still use cartographer but am unable to open or close themap when in combat ?
12-15-09, 09:04 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's because Cartographer is keeping you from being able to. As mentioned above, it's no longer being updated, and was broken with the new patch.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-15-09, 11:31 PM   #6
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
!!mapster sucks!! It dont show half what Cartographer did. Is there ANYTHING that works half as good?????
12-15-09, 11:44 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Mapster does not suck. You just need to pick up other addons to replace other parts of Cartographer that you used. Cart had like 20 different things that it did. Mapster replaces it's Look'n'Feel plugin. If you want zone info, then get Cromulent. etc. Using smaller addons makes it easier to replace something if one breaks. It also means that you don't have 20 different features, when you only want to use 5.

See this post for more suggestions/info: http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=17504

(And review our forum rules before you start saying that a mod "sucks!!!" )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-16-09, 03:42 AM   #8
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
That one the big problems. To fill in the "extras" you have to add other mods. Id rather just turn off what i dont like. As for finding the adds i dont like haveing to read every one to see if it work with the other or do what i want.

Ya it maybe nice whin one breaks you dont loss it all. Still it a hassle and part s i like ive never seen as a small add. You got to take one that dose more you want to get the small stuff.
12-16-09, 04:00 AM   #9
zero-kill
A Firelord

I honestly never really used Cart, it just had TOO much. When Mapster hit the scene I was hooked.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Based on what I read on Curse