09-28-08, 06:23 PM   #1021
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation nUI Beta 2.05.00 just released....

This is the last planned Beta 2 release (though there may be more if serious bugs are found. I am going to get started on Beta 3 by first porting nUI to the 3.0 test realm, then getting the ball rolling on the WotLK port.

In the meantime, I am planning on releasing two mods for Beta 2 this coming week... one which will allow the user to replace the default Recount/Omen/KTM info panels with a single panel that will show Recount out of combat and Omen and/or KTM in combat. The second Beta 2 mod will be one that replaces the built in Minimap info panel with a minimap that will display in the center of the dashboard in the focus frame region of the unit frame panel when there is no focus. So keep your eyes open for those.

I'll let everyone know when the closed alpha begins. Testing of the Beta 3 will initially be a private test period via e-mail and restricted only to those who are working on the nUI translations and contributors to nUI as was done with the original Beta 2 alpha test period. I expect to begin the closed alpha the third week of October.

How you can help support nUI's continue development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?! Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Some action buttons highlight as invalid/unavailable when they shouldn't... hunter's
feed pet button, rogue's distract, etc.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

To-Do List

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

Version 2.05.00 (Beta)

* Fixed a mouseover hitbox error on target unit frames related to the range indicator
icon which caused the target unit frame hit box to overlap the action bar directly
above it

* Continued optimization of unit frames

* Fixed the location of the quest timer frame

* Fixed the location of the equipment durability frame

* Fixed hit box location on button bag "X" close button

* Fixed stack count bug in (de)buff auras module

* Fixed a pet feeder bug which prevented listing valid foods which were above the pet's
current level

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 09-28-08 at 06:26 PM.

09-28-08, 07:46 PM   #1022
deka01
A Kobold Labourer
scaling the action bar

how do you scale the action bar with this addon i like it and all but my action bars are tiny where in other screen shots they look much bigger

09-28-08, 09:25 PM   #1023
MyKroFt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there a way to get into the private? I am running Beta WowLTK now and I really miss your UI

Thanks
Myk

09-29-08, 04:37 AM   #1024
SirWilliam92
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey, I've been watching the add-on develop since 0.0.1, but only today decided i'd actually swap over to it (more of me being lazy then wanting anything particular)

One issue i've encountered... I've been using MobHealth V3 (sorry, no link, but it's on wowace) since... well... since i ditched Mobinfo V2.. I found that i didn't really care about all the entra info, and it was just messing up my memory

So, the question is, I see that you support Mobinfo, but I'm trying to use MobHealth with no success... i renamed my old addons/saved variables folders so basically i 'started fresh'. It simply isn't working in any way.... since it only does one thing, i guess it's obvious what i mean. Every health bit still says a number (1-100) based on the percentage...

Would be really greatful if you could add the support if it's really simple... or if it's not, then i'll get over it

Lastly, THANKS A TON... i would donate >.> if i thought i could get away without mum knowing about my paypal account...

09-29-08, 10:44 AM   #1025
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by MyKroFt View Post
Is there a way to get into the private? I am running Beta WowLTK now and I really miss your UI

Thanks
Myk
You could get into private if you donate something to Spiel for all his hard work. It's in the release notes - take a look at the posts for the latest release - you can't miss it really.

09-29-08, 03:37 PM   #1026
iocontrol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Stack counts on (de)buffs rule ...

09-29-08, 03:55 PM   #1027
Seer
A Molten Giant
Well, made a small donation, hope to help a bit with testing nui with the lich beta as well Kinda miss it when playing beta

09-29-08, 07:44 PM   #1028
SirWilliam92
An Aku'mai Servant
Another little bug i've noticed..

When useing the minimap, i can't click on any of the bags/buttonbags... I think it just has something to do with the minimap boc being too large and covering those buttons.... if i change to anything else (the battle map, recount, omen) then i can click the buttons no probs..

Thanks

09-29-08, 10:50 PM   #1029
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by SirWilliam92 View Post
Another little bug i've noticed..

When useing the minimap, i can't click on any of the bags/buttonbags... I think it just has something to do with the minimap boc being too large and covering those buttons.... if i change to anything else (the battle map, recount, omen) then i can click the buttons no probs..

Thanks
If you do 'nui movers' you'll find that you can move the bags (amongst other things) wherever you'd like them to be.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

09-29-08, 10:57 PM   #1030
Tehryn

Blizz xp bar

Does anyone, apart from me, miss the Blizz xp bar which is divided into 20 pieces (also known as 'bars' to make things a bit more confusing lol) ? Hmm, maybe I'm the only one...

And now a word from someone who is usually (half)asleep behind the keyboard: if you find that neither the bags bar nor the menu bar show up when using nUI, before you start ripping out your hair have a look in the addons if you have bar mods like 'ct_bar' or 'ct_bottombar' active

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

09-29-08, 11:41 PM   #1031
iljott

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Does anyone, apart from me, miss the Blizz xp bar which is divided into 20 pieces (also known as 'bars' to make things a bit more confusing lol) ? Hmm, maybe I'm the only one...
I do!! Whilst levelling our alts, my friends & I sometimes tell each other how many bars each of us have left to level up, but since nUI has a different number of bars, I can't do that.

Spiel, would it be too difficult if you could match the XP/rep bar divisions to the actual number used by Blizzard?

09-30-08, 01:04 AM   #1032
trezy
A Cliff Giant
I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that if you use MobInfo2 and MobHealth3 together, MH3 takes over the MH2 included with MI2. But this is all moot point as the mobs hp and mp are built into WoW in 3.0. Hope that answered your question.

Hey, I've been watching the add-on develop since 0.0.1, but only today decided i'd actually swap over to it (more of me being lazy then wanting anything particular)

One issue i've encountered... I've been using MobHealth V3 (sorry, no link, but it's on wowace) since... well... since i ditched Mobinfo V2.. I found that i didn't really care about all the entra info, and it was just messing up my memory

So, the question is, I see that you support Mobinfo, but I'm trying to use MobHealth with no success... i renamed my old addons/saved variables folders so basically i 'started fresh'. It simply isn't working in any way.... since it only does one thing, i guess it's obvious what i mean. Every health bit still says a number (1-100) based on the percentage...

Would be really greatful if you could add the support if it's really simple... or if it's not, then i'll get over it

Lastly, THANKS A TON... i would donate >.> if i thought i could get away without mum knowing about my paypal account...

09-30-08, 06:08 AM   #1033
Tehryn

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
I do!! Whilst levelling our alts, my friends & I sometimes tell each other how many bars each of us have left to level up, but since nUI has a different number of bars, I can't do that.
That's exactly what I miss, being able to say: "I got 3 bars to go, and you?".

Well, looks like the Gee-I-Miss-The-Blizz-XP-Bar Club has grown to... two members lol! Hooray for progress ROFL!!

[0x81BEB11E]

09-30-08, 11:44 AM   #1034
iljott

That's exactly what I miss, being able to say: "I got 3 bars to go, and you?".

Well, looks like the Gee-I-Miss-The-Blizz-XP-Bar Club has grown to... two members lol! Hooray for progress ROFL!!
Maybe we can multi-box to bring up the numbers?!

09-30-08, 04:06 PM   #1035
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
spiel, is there somewhere in the code where i can change the location of the xp and rep bar to be below the action bars on the bottom left and right? maby switch places?

This is again because the fubar tooltips get in the way from time to time and prevent clucking on the buttons in the heat of battle. thanks

09-30-08, 04:21 PM   #1036
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
spiel, is there somewhere in the code where i can change the location of the xp and rep bar to be below the action bars on the bottom left and right? maby switch places?

This is again because the fubar tooltips get in the way from time to time and prevent clucking on the buttons in the heat of battle. thanks
If you are having problems with FuBar tooltips in comabt, there is an option to turn the tooltips off in combat. Check the addon preferences window which is available through the button bag.

09-30-08, 04:28 PM   #1037
Tehryn

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
Maybe we can multi-box to bring up the numbers?!
LMSLAO !!

[0x81BEB11E]

09-30-08, 04:33 PM   #1038
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by deka01 View Post
how do you scale the action bar with this addon i like it and all but my action bars are tiny where in other screen shots they look much bigger
Deka01 - -there's no way to scale the action bars separately aside from modifying the default settings in the code (at least for now).

09-30-08, 04:36 PM   #1039
spiel2001
nUI's Author

SirWilliam92 -- I will be adding support for MobHealth and hope to have that integrated by the time 3.0 is released. No promises though... much will depend on their own progress on porting to 3.0 -- I'm loath to do too much add-on integration until then (which is why I put all those integrations on the back burner) as we'll have to see which mods survive the upgrade to 3.0 and when. As each does, I'll add them. MobHealth included.

Now... about Mum...

~grin~

09-30-08, 04:37 PM   #1040
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you do 'nui movers' you'll find that you can move the bags (amongst other things) wherever you'd like them to be.
Tehryn -- do you have the "Use UI Scale" option checked on in the Interface/Video section of Bliz's config menu? That may be the reason... that's a known bug.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement