05-14-08, 08:59 PM   #1
DrChaos
A Fallenroot Satyr
An addon request......

Hi guys -n- gals,

I've been working with 3 addons over the last 2 weeks and just cant seem to get what im loking for from any of them. I'm using Azuarc Level Guide, Tiny Pad and Notebook. Each has something that I need to do what im looking to do with an addon.

I need to be able to put text either in game or offline into the addon and be able to save it and view it during the game. Not only that, I need to be able to select the "chaper" I want to view.

Azuarc Level Guide is perfect for what I need, but it needs a few modifications.

1. It needs the "save button" like Notebook has so You can save the text on the go during the game, as you make notes.

2. It needs to be able to create new pages / delete pages in game like Notepad does

3. The drop down page that has "chapters" in it needs to be editable and have the ability to add more "chapters".

4. Has to stay moveable and resizeable.

and most of all, have the ablity to be saved to a disk or thumb drive so i can move it to my laptop during traveling.

If anyone ahs any ideas or can take Azuarc guide and add some stuff to it, please let me know.

thanks.
05-14-08, 09:30 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't used the others, but TinyPad has all of these things. There is even FuBar_TinyPadFu on http://files.wowace.com

1. It needs the "save button" like Notebook has so You can save the text on the go during the game, as you make notes.
TinyPad saves *as* you type. The next time you start up the game, your text will still be there. But no addon can save data written to it if the game crashes - saved variables are only written to upon logout or when you reload the UI.

2. It needs to be able to create new pages / delete pages in game like Notepad does
You can have as many pages as you wish.

3. The drop down page that has "chapters" in it needs to be editable and have the ability to add more "chapters".
See above.

4. Has to stay moveable and resizeable.
It is both of these things.

and most of all, have the ablity to be saved to a disk or thumb drive so i can move it to my laptop during traveling.
All you need to do is put the saved variables file (for either of these addons) on your thumb drive.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-14-08, 09:53 PM   #3
DrChaos
A Fallenroot Satyr
Tiny pad was my first choice. But im looking at it now and I don't see any option to have a "index" for lack of a better name.

I can create a page, and add another page and keep on going. The problem is that when im done inputing what I need, There is no option to jump to a certain section. (other then using the search function)

My basic idea is this:

im in Desolace and create notes for the area. I go to un'goro and create more notes. Then im off to Felwood and even more notes. Im looking to have a menu of sorts that can be clicked on, like an index. In tiny pad, Ill have to scroll through all the pages to find the page with the location and notes for where im at. The drop down, like in Azuarc would solve that problem.

Once all the areas are plugged in, I can create notes for that area and be able to go right to it.
05-14-08, 10:10 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Get the FuBar_TinyPadFu I mentioned and linked to. You'll get a clickable tooltip of all of your pages.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-14-08, 10:28 PM   #5
DrChaos
A Fallenroot Satyr
mmm. k ill try it in a bit and get back to ya. almost 1 am here

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » An addon request......