12-15-11, 01:40 PM   #1
Endrance99
A Murloc Raider
No Flashing yellow dot for nodes on map anymore.

I made a post already on general discussions thread but I realized it was probably better to put it here in bug reports. it was here http://ferous.wowinterface.com/forum...t=25905&page=5

So I apologize if its considered a double post.

I can no longer see the yellow flashing dots. I used to get the flashing yellow dots on my minimap (carb and blizz map are combined) showing the flashing yellow dot where the "real" nodes were and it would not flash on the fakes.

This is a fresh install of wow with carbonite and so on on a brand new system. I set up everything the exact way I used to have it but I have no flashing YELLOW nodes anymore. Also note, I was having the same issue on my previous computer to, so I know its not the computer or anything.

This was a great help in filtering out the false nodes from the real ones when out and about on the world map.

I tried the fixes on the previous page (of the other thread about reloading the maps, uninstalling, changing layers...everything and so on ) but nothing worked. I still dont get the flashing yellow nodes anymore. I still see the locations for all the nodes and have tried every setting but they still dont flash yellow anymore like they used to showing the real nodes from the fake ones.

Thanks for reading.

Hope this can be fixed

12-15-11, 08:02 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't use Carb to see tracking so I'm not sure if this will help. But...

You could try checking the setting that is here "Carbonite Options > Map Minimap > set "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)". Change it to anything but zero and see if that fixes it.

12-15-11, 08:45 PM   #3
Endrance99
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I don't use Carb to see tracking so I'm not sure if this will help. But...

You could try checking the setting that is here "Carbonite Options > Map Minimap > set "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)". Change it to anything but zero and see if that fixes it.
I tried that to. Thanks for the reply

Hmm Ill mess around some more.

Hopefully its just a setting im missing. Hope more people read this because I dont seem to be the only one with the problem.

12-16-11, 12:18 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This might sound like an odd question, but are you "tracking" whatever gathering profession you have with the Blizzard tracking utility (the magnifying glass minimap icon)?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-16-11, 10:35 AM   #5
Endrance99
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
This might sound like an odd question, but are you "tracking" whatever gathering profession you have with the Blizzard tracking utility (the magnifying glass minimap icon)?
Update!! I uninstalled and tried it again with all other addons off. It works!!

So I'm going to try each addon one at a time with it and see whats interfering.

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I shall look into that today when i logon.

If not, I will attempt a fresh install, again.

Are there a list of optimal settings anyone could recommend? Like a guide to what each setting on each page in carbonite does? Maybe I'm just missing it on the forums, Ive been working a lot these last few weeks.

Ive used carb for almost a year and had no issues so I feel confident in my ability to use it....but I could be missing something maybe something that changed..or I changed?

Thanks for the responses. I'm a go try out the recommendation above and attempt a fresh install if that don't fix it.

Last edited by Endrance99 : 12-16-11 at 12:34 PM.

12-16-11, 04:28 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Endrance99 View Post
Are there a list of optimal settings anyone could recommend? Like a guide to what each setting on each page in carbonite does?
The absolute best resource is actually right in everyone's main Carbonite folder....

Nice little file named CarboniteReadMe.txt While it doesn't cover 100% of everything, it does give an unprecedented amount of information in one file.

I actually wish there was at least a one time pop up per install of Carbonite to let users know about it. Yeah, it's that useful.

04-26-12, 09:49 AM   #7
BossHawg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Nodes not flashing for 1 toon but do for others

old toon that just started lev herb/ore, and no nodes flash.
other toons do see flashing.
next to an unmarked herb node and no flashing, gathered herb, is on map now but no flashing for it on respawn.

tried reloading ui, imported nodes, deleted chr settings, imported working toon settings, turned off/on node flashing @0.05 now.. nothing helped.

finally turned off addon, using default map and it shows the available nodes now and the main screen shows them sparkling too.
reenabled this addon, minus the actual folder named 'CarboniteNodes' moved out, and they show now, flashing on carbs map. copied back the folder, working ok.

Last edited by BossHawg : 04-26-12 at 10:13 AM.

05-06-12, 08:51 AM   #8
Zephyrøth
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the above fixes but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any info on another possible fix?

05-06-12, 11:50 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Please make sure that whichever character you are having the "no flashing node indicator" problem with, that character is tracking the appropriate skill through the default (Blizzard) tracking utility. Click on the "magnifying glass" minimap icon and make sure it is tracking the proper gathering profession there.

Please keep in mind that the yellow active node indicator only appears on the Blizzard Minimap, so if the Carbonite map and Blizzard's Minimap are not merged you will never see it on Carbonites minimized map. Although that active node indicator only appears on the Blizzard Minimap, when the maps are merged Carbonite is able to make the graphic APPEAR to flash, but has absolutely no other control over it.

If you are tracking the proper gathering skill and the active node indicator is still not flashing, try running Carbonite as the only enabled addon. If it works properly that way there is another addon interfering with Carbonite and the only way to find it is to re-enable your other addons slowly and keep testing until you find the culprit.

You could also try renaming / deleting your "Cache" folder to see if that will cure it. Sometimes the "Cache" folder can cause some strange problems and it doesn't seem to hurt WoW if it's deleted, since it get's rebuilt on first log-in after it's deleted.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-06-12 at 06:51 PM. Reason: More information.

06-07-12, 05:05 AM   #10
igli
A Defias Bandit
I have tried all of the listed "fixes" and the nodes will not flash in the carbonite map. (only on the minimap) Yes they are merged and I have tried switching back and forth several times. I also removed all other addons and deleted and re-installed. So, plz don't consider this to be a non issue. It may be related to my new computer, a suggestion of where I could start to look in the code would be appreciated.

06-07-12, 08:51 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by igli View Post
I have tried all of the listed "fixes" and the nodes will not flash in the carbonite map. (only on the minimap) Yes they are merged and I have tried switching back and forth several times. I also removed all other addons and deleted and re-installed. So, plz don't consider this to be a non issue. It may be related to my new computer, a suggestion of where I could start to look in the code would be appreciated.
I don't think anyone here considers this to be a "non issue".

You say you "deleted and re-installed" Carbonite. When you did this, did you also delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files in your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder? Please, BE AWARE that doing that will reset your Carbonite installation completely back to default settings. This is because those two files contain ALL of your characters set up information.

If you are unsure that deleting those files will solve your problem, you can always rename them instead of deleting them. That way if it doesn't solve your problem you can always delete the new files and rename the old ones back and you will not have to re-set up Carbonite on all of your characters again.

Occasionally, those files can become corrupted, and, unfortunately, that is the only way to "fix" that problem.

Please understand that I am not positive that doing this will definitely solve your problem. It's just the only other thing I could think of for you to try.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-07-12 at 09:00 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No Flashing yellow dot for nodes on map anymore.