10-18-12, 01:24 AM   #1
RedFlame
A Kobold Labourer
Bug - special action button

just put in the new release for NUI, and did a heroic. got shado-pan, and got to last boss.
finally get to see what the meditate button looks like, which is a plus, nice to see that part fixed.

but by fixing it, you broke the main action bar. switch it to a vehicle one, i assume, and i lost my action bar for the duration of the fight. couldn't bind anything to the blank bar either.

10-18-12, 01:47 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hmm, strange. I've been running dungeons with that fix with no problems. And questing which uses all the special bars now, whether they be vehicle bars, override bars or player power bars and even that special action bar is used in quests now.

Anyone else hitting this problem as well ?

Grab a screenshot next time it happens.

It might be one of those instances where blizz says youre in a vehicle but wants you to use your own abilities but doesn't throw your abilities in the new frame. There is no addon test for show vehicle exit button but don't show vehicle bar. At least not for the time being. The Jade Cart quest is one of these instances. There is simply nothing we can do in an addon to make it work that I am aware.

10-18-12, 07:16 AM   #3
anotherbiffname
A Cliff Giant
Im having the same problem, after doing the daily where i jump in the big bug for the Klaxxi now main action bar is empty and wont let me put anything on it.

Even tried to relog, exit the game, nothing would fix it it wont let me put any spells on it.

Edit: It only seems to be happening when the special action button is up.

Last edited by anotherbiffname : 10-18-12 at 07:38 AM.

10-18-12, 10:42 AM   #4
bvttacvs
A Defias Bandit
I'm seeing the same thing. Did a scenario - at last boss the big button came up, but button bar went away. Not a good situation to be in - will be reverting back to previous nui+ version.

10-18-12, 11:23 AM   #5
Tazzitha
A Murloc Raider
Having the same issue.
But I'd hate to go back because everything is so smooth now and looks great!

Last edited by Tazzitha : 10-18-12 at 11:29 AM.

10-18-12, 12:32 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay guys, that is definitely not what was happening with my version. I'll give the new version a going through with my druid over the next few days and hopefully will come across another quest that uses it or my warlock in a dungeon.

What happens when you click the button though? Because as far as I recall the idea is to press that button as soon as it appears so surely that would mean the other bar is meaningless anyway during that time. But I don't recall the main bar disappearing on 5.07.26 + my fix files doing that.

10-18-12, 01:26 PM   #7
demanl
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
just put in the new release for NUI, and did a heroic. got shado-pan, and got to last boss.
finally get to see what the meditate button looks like, which is a plus, nice to see that part fixed.

but by fixing it, you broke the main action bar. switch it to a vehicle one, i assume, and i lost my action bar for the duration of the fight. couldn't bind anything to the blank bar either.
Yep same thing happened to me. This fix was not tested..

Sorry for my bluntness......having my main button bar go blank...losing my main attack abilities messed me up...sorry.

Was in the Shado-pan monastery heroic dungeon...last boss...start the fight and the meditate button appears...which I have never seen b4.....which was cool....but my main attack bar that has my keybindings 1-12 on it looked like it was cleared. I could not roll it or anything. Strange and aggravating bug with no really good way to test other than to fight the last shado-pan boss....and see it for yourself. And if the bug occurs...wipe the fight...adjust the code and then try again........This test strat blows.. But I don't no of any other way to test.

Last edited by demanl : 10-18-12 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Apology

10-18-12, 02:24 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by demanl View Post
Yep same thing happened to me. This fix was not tested..

Sorry for my bluntness......having my main button bar go blank...losing my main attack abilities messed me up...sorry.

Was in the Shado-pan monastery heroic dungeon...last boss...start the fight and the meditate button appears...which I have never seen b4.....which was cool....but my main attack bar that has my keybindings 1-12 on it looked like it was cleared. I could not roll it or anything. Strange and aggravating bug with no really good way to test other than to fight the last shado-pan boss....and see it for yourself. And if the bug occurs...wipe the fight...adjust the code and then try again........This test strat blows.. But I don't no of any other way to test.
The fix that was applied was tested as per the thread in the link in my signature. Something however must have gone wrong when it was added to the proper version, which happened after I went to bed as I saw the update this morning. Several people however did confirm that my fix was working both in quests and dungeons before it was applied to the main release code.

I will take a look at the code differences and see what might have been missed out accidently. There is another way to test it outside of dungeons via some of the quests in the panda zone but I just passed by one after spending a few hours testing nUI6's button bars to see how they worked with it. I had previously tested similarly for my own fix before moving on.

10-18-12, 02:33 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, looking back on the screen shots I posted with my fix files it definitely didn't change the main action bar.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=40

back home from work now and will hunt down this chicken daily until my druid gets to the level 88 quest that has the extraactionbutton1 requirement.

10-18-12, 02:34 PM   #10
demanl
A Cyclonian

Smile

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
The fix that was applied was tested as per the thread in the link in my signature. Something however must have gone wrong when it was added to the proper version, which happened after I went to bed as I saw the update this morning. Several people however did confirm that my fix was working both in quests and dungeons before it was applied to the main release code.

I will take a look at the code differences and see what might have been missed out accidently. There is another way to test it outside of dungeons via some of the quests in the panda zone but I just passed by one after spending a few hours testing nUI6's button bars to see how they worked with it. I had previously tested similarly for my own fix before moving on.
Thank you for all of your hard work Xrystal. I'm sorry for the bluntness of my previous post. You do a lot for the nUI community and you should not have to defend yourself. Its hard work supporting a project of this size and I appreciate your efforts. I wish there was something I could do to help....so if you want to send me something or have me look at a particular function or routine...just ask..

Teach me to help you and I will...

10-18-12, 02:51 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, think I found out the cause, as I know through my tests it did the same .. all I can think of is that people testing had made the changes but then I forgot to add that file to the change files.

Sorry Scott for not doing that as I am assuming you used my fix file zip to update nUI.

The problem line is :
RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [extrabar] 13; [overridebar] 14; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 10; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );

which is line 392 in nUI_ButtonBar.lua

I had added [extrabar] 13; to the mix but this just turns off the main action bar when the extra button is displayed ... erm .. sound familiar ?

If you can locate this line in that file simply remove that segment so the line then reads:
RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [overridebar] 14; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 10; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );

This will then ( hopefully ) get it working the way it should be. I apologise to the runs that have been massacred due to this little oversight.

If you have access to a daily or other quest to quickly test this that would be great but I believe my druid is close to a quest that uses it so will hunt down the quest chain for it and send her on that route.

10-18-12, 03:50 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, with 5.07.27 and the change I mentioned in nUI_ButtonBar.lua in the previous post .. this is the result whilst doing the quest Weed War.

As you can see both the ExtraActionButton1 is appearing as well as the MainActionBar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_101812_224609.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	7296  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Bug - special action button