03-30-06, 08:09 PM   #1
lel
A Kobold Labourer
seeking mods to aid Dual Boxing. (playing 2 characters at once)

Heyas,

Hope this is the right place. I've been searching around looking to find mods that will help me in my quest to dual box mages.
My searching so far hasnt turned up anything, which suprises me. I'm a long time dual boxer from other games which have many options.

Before I break down and start making them from scratch does anyone have any suggestions of current mods that do the following:
*Autoassit from keyword. ie: box one types /g Assist! and box two reads the keyword and assists my main.
*Autocast from keyword. ie: box one types /g Frostbolt! and box two reads the keyword and begins casting frostbolt on its target.

I am aware of similar mods such as whispercast but isnt exactly what I need for the spell casting.

I am not looking for an afk 'bot'. I intend to be at the keyboard. Normally I would just do this all manually like I have in the past but a recent hand injury has limited my ability to do so I am trying to avoid using and hardware macro's or 3rd party software to accomplish this.

Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated as Im not fully aware of the many exisitng macros out there. Even if it requires modification on my part.

Thanks in advance,
-lel
04-04-06, 09:38 AM   #2
gmillerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I always have the main toon, ms warrior (charge and a slow swing speed are important, too much twitch and you will suck), leader of my party. I wrote a sexy addon where I have some solid code for healing and assisting, rebuffing, priest is my secondary (non-directional spells). I hook PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED & PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED for autofollow to resume when I grind. My my third I have a exhaustive mantra for the warlock, manu non-directional spells and the pets help a lot), to assist with that will target nearby enemies that are damaged and act appropriately. On demand I can also make them 'rally' to me (or if the warrior is out of range, they can rally to eachother)

Over the patches or so some of the functinality has been nerfed such as 'fallback' when movement now required a keypress and pets also need a keypress which was pretty sexy.

When I raid I just use the warlock as my main and priest as the seconary (non-diretional spells ftw) and it works very transparently. Only annoying issue is looting. I have an addon that tracks group looting series and reminds me to check corpses. When I help people they dont realize a thing by in large.

I have a power infusion + shadowweaving build and I am actually spending tuesday maintence trying to polish a 'improved shadow bolt + power infusion request' system. Need to work out the calculus of the mobs health, level, our mana, etc. which is sort of a pain.

A lot of the warlock logic took a long time. But its been amazingly good fun and took all the drabness out of grinding for rep and what not. There isnt any content we cannot handle outside of an instance (or anything lower than BRD) and if I need help there is no shortage of people that are willing to ditch a swishy toon and pickup a reaper for an hour or two.

Sorry, little sleep makes me ranty and off topic.
04-04-06, 10:32 AM   #3
xelepart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I browse mods a lot. The assist one is out there, I believe, but it's a very easy mod to write, so if you can't find it, it's not that much work.

The other feature -- "Cast!" -- isn't possible. Casting requires a hardware event, or the "CastSpell(...)" function doesn't do anything. So, you could have "Cast Frostbolt!" and "Cast Blink!" and stuff like that, then have the other person parse the spell names, queue them up, then on next keypress, cast them, so you only ever have to hit one key over and over on the second box, but such a mod is not publicly available from anything I've seen... probably because nobody wants to get yelled at for botting.

-x
01-11-10, 12:32 PM   #4
Lilyana
A Kobold Labourer
I didn't find it on this site, but there's this amazingly simple mod called "Mojo" (http://mojoware.org/index.html) that I've begun to use for dual boxing. That mod coupled with Maul's "Macaroon" (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Macaroon.html) make dual boxing easy! ^_^ (Macaroon has all sorts of extra optional portions that can be found here by just searching Macaroon on this site) Hope that helps someone!
**I know this thread is old, but I found it when browsing google for "dual-boxing" and figure this might be more informative should someone else end up doing the same.

Last edited by Lilyana : 01-11-10 at 12:38 PM. Reason: update at stars

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » seeking mods to aid Dual Boxing. (playing 2 characters at once)