04-17-08, 08:04 AM   #1
Levee
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[BUG] Fonts Switching

This is kind of an odd bug. It appears to only affect my home computer.

Basically, I have selected specific fonts to use in my compilation. They appear on my computer as they do in the screenshots I posted to go with it:

Link

When others install this compilation, the fonts appear completely different. Does anyone know what the possible root cause of this is, or has anyone had any similar problems?

EDIT: The bug appears to affect ClearFont2, Pitbull, and Prat fonts.

Last edited by Levee : 04-17-08 at 08:07 AM.
04-17-08, 09:31 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How "different"?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-17-08, 10:17 AM   #3
Levee
Premium Member

Premium Member
Well, say for instance I'm using Morpheus on my home computer. The font shows up as a very simplistic, easy to read Sans Serif font.

However, when others download the pack, it's showing up as a Diablo 2-esque font that is rather difficult to read.
04-17-08, 10:49 AM   #4
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Tacit_Hunter View Post
Well, say for instance I'm using Morpheus on my home computer. The font shows up as a very simplistic, easy to read Sans Serif font.

However, when others download the pack, it's showing up as a Diablo 2-esque font that is rather difficult to read.
Hey Tacit... just wondering if you have a font folder in your main world of warcraft folder for your fonts. If so, you probably just need to include it with your compilation. Hope that helps!
04-17-08, 12:20 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, because Morpheus *is* a Diablo-esque font.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-17-08, 07:08 PM   #6
Levee
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yeah, because Morpheus *is* a Diablo-esque font.
Well, see that's the problem. Morpheus shows up in mine as a very simplistic font. I'm just wondering if it's possible that it could be an error with my Windows install, my WoW install, or something similar.

Honestly, I'm normally much better with my computer than this, but it's just to the point of frustration.
04-17-08, 08:10 PM   #7
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

sounds to me like you changed the font's name to Morpheus and and put it in your WoW fonts directory. (isn't that the infamous "Step 2" for Clearfont?).

at least, that's how i changed my font...changed the filename to FRIZQT__.ttf in order to get universal changes.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
04-17-08, 09:13 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by erica647 View Post
Hey Tacit... just wondering if you have a font folder in your main world of warcraft folder for your fonts. If so, you probably just need to include it with your compilation. Hope that helps!
You didn't answer this question, Tacit.

04-18-08, 08:28 AM   #9
Levee
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rigorous View Post
sounds to me like you changed the font's name to Morpheus and and put it in your WoW fonts directory. (isn't that the infamous "Step 2" for Clearfont?).

at least, that's how i changed my font...changed the filename to FRIZQT__.ttf in order to get universal changes.
I wish this were the answer. I simply installed ClearFont2 and went. As for the Fonts directory, I believe that's the answer to my problem. Thank you all for your help!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [BUG] Fonts Switching