09-27-07, 10:26 AM   #81
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok if anyone has noticed the problem when you target a mob and it says 'Looking at Unknown' in the target cave and 'Looking at Unknown' in the HUD under the range indicator, it is a problem with DUF.

I have looked at the new version of DUF posted and while it will work, Mazzle has made some changes to the DUF files and you should be careful. The 'Looking at Unknown' however hasnt even been fixed in the updated DUF version but you can fix it with the following: -

Goto the DiscordUnitFrames folder and open the file 'DUF_Variables.lua' and search for line 666 , and change it from 'if (not value) then' to 'if (not value or value == "Unknown") then' this will fix this little bug.
09-27-07, 10:36 AM   #82
Egbertus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Alkar
your problem is either chronometer or hourglass
hit the mazzle button goto addons and scroll down to them and unlock or /chron unlock works and /hourglass anchor
Thanks for the reply but it's neither, I can't think what it could be. As I said, I have disabled all the timer addons too but this just stayes, no matter what.
09-27-07, 10:46 AM   #83
turkmen
A Murloc Raider
my archud stuck there always how can fix it and also how can i disable 3d view without usiing mazzelfy?
09-27-07, 11:01 AM   #84
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Egbertus
Thanks for the reply but it's neither, I can't think what it could be. As I said, I have disabled all the timer addons too but this just stayes, no matter what.
I believe Quartz also has timers. You could try Mazzifying just the Quartz settings.
09-27-07, 11:45 AM   #85
Egbertus
A Murloc Raider
Nope, not Quartz either
09-27-07, 12:30 PM   #86
Piper
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Brem

That right thar is a HUGE alteration. While the UI will work with any bar mod, none of the bindings/button placement will work. Well, let me say, button placement will NOT work and bindings MIGHT work. I'm sure Mazz will correct me if I'm wrong :-(
The placement and binding on bongos2 itself work fine. You jsut have to put them where you want them and assign binding. I do that back in mazzleUI 1.0, since I need more than 2 rows of bars on either side of the standard frame anyway. so I am used to redoing the bars. and on Bongos2, I can also assign ctrl or shift + other keys as hotkeys no problem. Just when I go to the WoW default key binding window, where I would do my key bindings for interface etc, it isn't working.
09-27-07, 01:02 PM   #87
grizzlyaddams
A Defias Bandit
I've followed the directions in this thread to get my Mazzle to working order. Everything seems to work great so far that i've found through normal play.

I have the Camera not found problem, just not worried about it enough yet to fix it, heh.

Also I've seen some other problems mentioned i haven't tried to duplicate yet, so Im not sure about those (such as that quest log causing crashes)

But the one problem I have that I would like fixed is underneath MazzleHUD the distance to target is displayed correctly but ToT is still $ut. I've changed it in Discord and that worked fine for discord but I can't seem to find where to change it for MazzleHUD.

Any help would be appreciated.
09-27-07, 01:04 PM   #88
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
DUF introduces some target label issues since

they changed the name of the target variable. A fix for that aesthetic bug is pasted below:

to open discord options type /discordunitframes or /duf

fix 1. "Looking at $ut"
Fix: Click on the "Target" box at the upper right of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[8] Model ToT" in the left column
Change "Looking at $ut" to "Looking at $tn"
Press "Enter" to update change.

Fix 2. HuD Target name
Fix: Click on the "Target" box at the upper right of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[10] HUD ToT" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$tn" in the text box above the Text Variables button.

fix 3. Focus Name "$ut"
Fix: Click on the "Focus" box which hangs off the right side of the DuF options window.
Make sure "Special" is clicked
Click "[1] Name" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$nm" in the text box above the Text Variables button. (I didn't have this problem on mine)

fix 4. Party Members Targets "$ut"
Fix: Click on the "Party" box at the upper middle of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[9] Target Name" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$tn" in the text box above the Text Variables button.
09-27-07, 01:07 PM   #89
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Piper
The placement and binding on bongos2 itself work fine. You jsut have to put them where you want them and assign binding. I do that back in mazzleUI 1.0, since I need more than 2 rows of bars on either side of the standard frame anyway. so I am used to redoing the bars. and on Bongos2, I can also assign ctrl or shift + other keys as hotkeys no problem. Just when I go to the WoW default key binding window, where I would do my key bindings for interface etc, it isn't working.
That's the danger. While you know that upgrading to Bongos2 means you will lose a great deal of the functionality people may expect, your post didn't make it clear that this was the consequence. I'm not trying to single you out, but rather trying to head off a whole bunch of "I replaced bongos with bongos 2 and now mazzifier won't place spells" threads.

Call me cautious

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
09-27-07, 01:10 PM   #90
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by grizzlyaddams
I've followed the directions in this thread to get my Mazzle to working order. Everything seems to work great so far that i've found through normal play.

I have the Camera not found problem, just not worried about it enough yet to fix it, heh.

Also I've seen some other problems mentioned i haven't tried to duplicate yet, so Im not sure about those (such as that quest log causing crashes)

But the one problem I have that I would like fixed is underneath MazzleHUD the distance to target is displayed correctly but ToT is still $ut. I've changed it in Discord and that worked fine for discord but I can't seem to find where to change it for MazzleHUD.

Any help would be appreciated.
Semi-updated thread

Are you sure that you fixed it for DUF? IIRC, the HUD uses DUF to show the ToT. I have not had the opportunity to check yet, but it's possible that the new version of DUF changed the name of something. I (or someone else probably will before I get home and get a chance to) will look at that tonight.
09-27-07, 01:21 PM   #91
Ryujin
A Kobold Labourer
HEY, hope u can help, i followed Meio's instructions precisely several times, and kept gettin the same problem.
After i click MAZZIFY ME, she puts hers arms up, some of the interface changes but it doesnt give me the option to 'CLICK HERE TO FINISH' so everything stays messed up.
Not really sure why this only seems to be happenin to me.
09-27-07, 01:24 PM   #92
grizzlyaddams
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by meio
Semi-updated thread

Are you sure that you fixed it for DUF? IIRC, the HUD uses DUF to show the ToT. I have not had the opportunity to check yet, but it's possible that the new version of DUF changed the name of something. I (or someone else probably will before I get home and get a chance to) will look at that tonight.
I'm positive. Under the portrait for my target in duf it will tell me my ToT, but in MazzleHud it just says $ut
09-27-07, 01:55 PM   #93
Mova
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ryujin
HEY, hope u can help, i followed Meio's instructions precisely several times, and kept gettin the same problem.
After i click MAZZIFY ME, she puts hers arms up, some of the interface changes but it doesnt give me the option to 'CLICK HERE TO FINISH' so everything stays messed up.
Not really sure why this only seems to be happenin to me.

Im having the Same Problem as u Ryujin...I click the Mazzify me button and wait 4 her to put the finish the mazifcation but nothing happens..someon eplz help

Edit:
Ok ive tryed starting new and trying to Install everything fresh with out updating anything..and the Finish Mazzilify still isnt poping up..i dont know what the flipping problem is..and its really starting to make me mad that i cant use Mazzle

Last edited by Mova : 09-27-07 at 05:32 PM.
09-27-07, 02:11 PM   #94
dsmithmd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by gremer
i have everything working back to normal apart from one thing when i open my quest log and open a quest if i don't close the detail of that quest within 10 seconds my fps goes to 0 and i have to alt f4 out was wondering if any one else had this problem and if there was a fix

Same problem here...have to reboot the computer. I disabled LightHeaded and no problems. I really miss the LightHeaded info though. Hope a fix is on the way!
09-27-07, 05:08 PM   #95
axi0m
A Murloc Raider
Amazing fix, everything seems to be working flawlessly now.

Hopefully a real update may be on the way shortly. Fantastic.
09-27-07, 06:31 PM   #96
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation

Everything seemed to go fine for me til Step 5c of the original list - Mazzifying a second time to fix the Bongos bars, menu icons and bag placements. Unfortunately for me Mazzifying a second time does NOT fix those problems. Anyone else run into this? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Love the UI and I just can't play without it.
09-27-07, 07:36 PM   #97
Denwop
A Murloc Raider
HUD problems

ok, after every patch I search and search these forums for info on how i can fix it.. and no one seems to have the problem. I use the MazzHUD and when i log on is stays on full and nothing shows up on the HUD but the 2 Arc's. and it'll stay like that untill i go into mazzleoptions and click the "yes" button (which is already clicked) and then the HUD will change to normal but, my target side won't change if i switch targets or if i click off the target.. it'll basiclt freeze on a random #... I have Screenshots of both... unless iam missing a forum or something IDK what to do.. Any help will be much much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092707_213030.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1430  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092707_213118.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1431  
09-27-07, 08:42 PM   #98
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
stuck on fixing the Mazzle

I have gotten as far as trying to use the word pad. Under the Custom Libs I do not have a Context Menu for some reason. I am using a Toshiba Windows Vista Home Basic laptop. What do I do now? Am I doing something wrong?
09-28-07, 09:23 AM   #99
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
got it fixed

Just wanted to say that I got past the problem that I was having. My brother helped me out. But thanks a bunch also to whoever made the new mazzle version.

Although I just have one thing to say on the WordPad part. I couldn't do the "Replace All" thing but what I did do is I went through the ContextMenu and just deleted the "self:" part of each "self:assert" It actually worked. So if any of you have that same problem just do what I did and delete the "self:" manually.

Also, I couldn't find the SetCVar thing so I just didn't mess with it. It didn't really do anything bad to my UI so it doesn't really bother me.

Other than that, everything's good!! Thanks a bunch!!
09-28-07, 09:36 AM   #100
Zur
A Kobold Labourer
Right Click to Leave Party

A BIG thank you to the community for troubleshooting the bugs and getting the app running again! I wanted to see if anyone ran across an issue I ran into last night.

I was running BRD, it was the end of the night, wipe. The leader said that if we left the party we would get a free hearth to our inn. Normally I do this by right clicking on the 3d image of my toon and selecting 'leave party'. When I right clicked, I did not get a menu. Is this a targeting issue?

Has anyone else experienced it and how have they resolved it?

Regards,

Zur

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2