04-02-08, 11:13 AM   #261
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
I know several of us have got the following error when mazzifying a new character under 2.4...

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1406]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

And although un-ticking DUF allows the rest of the mazzification to complete, you still have to re-mazzify with just DUF and you still get the error.

I think I may have managed to narrow down where the error is happening... the *only* button not correctly moved by DUF is the SmartBuff icon. On my level 1 Hunter it appears half-chopped off on the top of the screen under the FuBar bar. I don't know if it is failing on this one icon or on the step before?

Now... is this a problem with DUF, or is it due to the way MazzleUI calls DUF? I haven't done any digging around yet to see how DUF is told to move things.

In the meantime I'll try moving FuBar and seeing if I can drag the icon down, but I suspect it may hop back up there each time I re-mazzify each two levels to update button bars.

DUF has nothing to do with SmartBuff, but the Mazzifier does place the SmartBuff button above your player unit frame. If DUF was not mazzified, it was probably placing above the default DUF player unit frame position, which is at the top left of the screen. If your DUF is set up correctly now, remazzify your layout and it should re-position it correctly.
04-02-08, 11:26 AM   #262
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
I know several of us have got the following error when mazzifying a new character under 2.4...

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1406]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

And although un-ticking DUF allows the rest of the mazzification to complete, you still have to re-mazzify with just DUF and you still get the error.

I think I may have managed to narrow down where the error is happening... the *only* button not correctly moved by DUF is the SmartBuff icon. On my level 1 Hunter it appears half-chopped off on the top of the screen under the FuBar bar. I don't know if it is failing on this one icon or on the step before?

Now... is this a problem with DUF, or is it due to the way MazzleUI calls DUF? I haven't done any digging around yet to see how DUF is told to move things.

In the meantime I'll try moving FuBar and seeing if I can drag the icon down, but I suspect it may hop back up there each time I re-mazzify each two levels to update button bars.
I'll take a look at the error and see what can be done...

Seems like it may be an error in DUF... What aspect ratio are you using?

Last edited by Aethenelle : 04-02-08 at 11:55 AM.
04-02-08, 03:05 PM   #263
Hawkshand
A Kobold Labourer
One thing I noticed after the 2.4 upgrade was that I could mazzify ok (not getting the final completion button, but a manual reload of ui seemed to fix it anyways); that was up until last night. I had previously made the changes as suggested to the mazzifier\mazzier.lua and mazzifier_configs.lua files and most everything seemed ok, just the usual errors with witchhunt as far as I can tell. I also regularly updated using WAU first (with externals), then JWoWUpdater, just to make sure I got all the latest updates on all the mods.

Last night however, when I logged in after patching for 2.4.1, I saw my ui all out of sorts with the round buttons, skins not in place, etc. I tried to /mazzify and got the error telling me to use /help. I figured out Mazzle was missing a dependency, but I couldn't see what or where. No error in bugsack would tell me. Then I saw the message just recently on the thread here about modifying the mazzleui\mazzleui.toc and added LibBanzai-2.0 to the line in that file as suggested (the mod had already been downloaded as part of an update I assume). Then for the sake of sanity, I checked that both mods were in the addon directory. Lo and behold, I found the BanzaiLib directory was gone!

I looked in WAU and sure enough BanzaiLib was listed as "not installed". So I chose it and installed it. I checked the addons directory and BanzaiLib was there. I then ran the JWoWUpdater, which told me there was a slightly newer versoin of BanzaiLib (.4 vs .0) and so I updated using that as well. Then I went back and checked the directories again, and *boom*, the BanzaiLib directory was gone again! This appears to be repeatable.

Moral of he story, check to make sure whatever updater you're using isn't removing anyting important I guess.

On a separate note, I got back in once I put the BanzaiLib addon back and I was able to mazzify completely (still not sure about the second button showing up, but it reloaded the ui automatically, so meh). The only error I saw in bugsack after this was: [2008/04/02 16:48:30-157-x1]: ...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil):
...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: in main chunk:

I just recently added Auctioneer 5.0.0, so it might be that, but thought I'd throw it out there as well for general consumption.

Thanks again to all for the hardwork fixing code and to all those doing the digging to find/post these errors!

Last edited by Hawkshand : 04-02-08 at 03:07 PM.
04-02-08, 03:09 PM   #264
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sounds like you're missing dependencies for the mazzifier... Which is odd since my copy only lists MazzleUI as it's dependency... Check the dependencies for MazzleUI... Mine's still listed as BanzaiLib (i never changed it) and works fine.
Hmm...Well, when at first I tried mazzifying after I did all those changes and the install window wouldn't come up after typing '/mazzify' I looked over my Addons and saw that MazzleUI was disabled. Or well, it said that the dependencies were DA'd. Though after I kinda played around with Adds for a bit, the Mazzle's dependencies were workin' again. I just don't know what those dependencies are...Or what I did to make them work again...

I still just have BanzaiLib and not LibBanzai. If I could get a link or http address to the site on where to download it at, it'd be much appreciated. I didn't find such in the forum yet as extensively as I've searched so far.

Like I've said before, it's only with the new character I rolled last night while my server was down that this is happening.
04-02-08, 03:33 PM   #265
seffyroff
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Reporting in - using the fixes mentioned (which took all of 10 mins to apply) and a JWoWUpdater (which removed Banzailib, so I replaced it) I have a working interface with empty bugsack \o/

I do hear a 'Fatality!' before the second Mazzify button comes up, not sure what that is..

Configured CombatFilter as mentioned elsewhere on the forums, and turned off the Blizz combat stuff.

Sanity Inventory appears to have lost its ItemCache somewhere along the way also, I'll tidy that up

For some reason I don't have circular Bongo buttons, but the middle click context menu thingy does.

A thing to look at that have been in need of minor attention for a while - Keybindings for Autobar appear not to work.
Oh! and my hover tooltips are over my Autobar, and I don't appear to be able to move them.

Really happy with how this went. Fantastic work Aethenelle, and as this is my first time here, thanks to Mazzle for creating the UI that I love so much

Last edited by seffyroff : 04-02-08 at 03:37 PM.
04-02-08, 05:12 PM   #266
Chime
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by seffyroff View Post
Reporting in - using the fixes mentioned (which took all of 10 mins to apply) and a JWoWUpdater (which removed Banzailib, so I replaced it) I have a working interface with empty bugsack \o/

I do hear a 'Fatality!' before the second Mazzify button comes up, not sure what that is..
the Fatality is from bugsack, when you go to bugsack options just select 'none' for sound.
04-02-08, 05:44 PM   #267
YiZZo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Having problems with the 3D models. I've been updating with jWoWUpdater ever since the patch came out and no problems till today.

[2008/04/02 16:29:31-985-x21]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Models.lua:286: attempt to index global 'Mazz3D_ModelDB' (a nil value)
<in C code>: in function `CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop'
<string>:"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE":4: in function <[string "CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE"]:1>

---
EDIT: Fixed the error, by re-mazzlefying. 3D Models work again.

Last edited by YiZZo : 04-02-08 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed my Error
04-02-08, 06:19 PM   #268
curricurritribe
A Defias Bandit
ok i downloaded all of the things there are for mazzle, and my 3d character model is all screwed, and i forgot waht DUF was lol, so im kind of lost. i still have my name and my pet at the top left but my 3d model is at the top near my name too. when i click on someone it does the same thing with their model. also, i cant inspect the opposing factions players. ive been trying to find what the addon is that lets yo u inspect but thats not working. oh and one more thing now that i remember (sorry i dont want to complain, i know you guys are trying) is eqcompare and ratingbuster isnt working with mazzle and/or its still old. do you guys know if theyre working on that or if anyone knows if there are any addons that work like those 2 because i used those almost more than anything lol. thank you guys for your help a lot and i appreciate the help
04-03-08, 12:44 AM   #269
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

DUF has nothing to do with SmartBuff, but the Mazzifier does place the SmartBuff button above your player unit frame. If DUF was not mazzified, it was probably placing above the default DUF player unit frame position, which is at the top left of the screen. If your DUF is set up correctly now, remazzify your layout and it should re-position it correctly.
Sorry, Mazzle - remazzifying layout doesn't fix it - it just repeats the DUF error and leaves the Smartbuff icon stranded at the top of the screen. All the other new skills I gain each two levels are correctly mapped though.

Seems like it may be an error in DUF... What aspect ratio are you using?
I am using the 1.6 1920x1200 ratio on a new level 1 Hunter.

I have used JWoWUpdate (on your advice) to update all ACE addons and this is the last thing I am having trouble with on New Character mazzification. I have updated Lightheaded from WoWInterface and obtained Examiner rather than SmartInspect. DUF is sitting at the 2.46 (I think) version that was updated some time ago.

I did manage to upset Lightheaded, but only on a single quest - I'll deal with reporting that myself once I can reproduce it.

EDIT : if you want me to attempt to reproduce the DUF error using a specific version of the Addons, let me know and I'll try.

Last edited by DanielCoffey : 04-03-08 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typos
04-03-08, 06:23 AM   #270
griffin224
Premium Member

*yawn*

*cracks neck and fingers*

*yawns again*

Mornin all, just a suggestion for everyone have problems mazzifying after 2.4.1 and having fubar issues... disable AMP. For some reason AMP seems borked as of 2 nights ago with an update. Lemme know if it works.
04-03-08, 08:53 AM   #271
Dandia
A Kobold Labourer
Top Score Fu

Anyone else having trouble with Top Score Fu not registering ?
04-03-08, 09:51 AM   #272
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Sorry, Mazzle - remazzifying layout doesn't fix it - it just repeats the DUF error and leaves the Smartbuff icon stranded at the top of the screen. All the other new skills I gain each two levels are correctly mapped though.

I am using the 1.6 1920x1200 ratio on a new level 1 Hunter.

I have used JWoWUpdate (on your advice) to update all ACE addons and this is the last thing I am having trouble with on New Character mazzification. I have updated Lightheaded from WoWInterface and obtained Examiner rather than SmartInspect. DUF is sitting at the 2.46 (I think) version that was updated some time ago.

I did manage to upset Lightheaded, but only on a single quest - I'll deal with reporting that myself once I can reproduce it.

EDIT : if you want me to attempt to reproduce the DUF error using a specific version of the Addons, let me know and I'll try.
If you're feeling a little extra limber, you could try on of the uodated versions at http://www.mldkp.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=10

This guys been at least fixing bugs since development stopped on DUF and is probably where DeTard found the version he pushed.

Originally Posted by Dandia View Post
Anyone else having trouble with Top Score Fu not registering ?
My bad there, TopScore_Fu has not been updated for 2.4 yet and thus will not work until it's updated. I'll note this in the OP...
04-03-08, 09:52 AM   #273
SilentBeast
A Murloc Raider
Only issue I had mazzifying a new toon after doing all the steps is when I actually removed SCL from the Interface folder. Removing Whichhunt didn't effect things but SCL on a new toon during mazzification errors out. Reinstalled it and worked just fine.

Would removing the SCL Function in the mazzification solve this issue or could I change things around in the function to make it work for a different CL mod? First time venturing into actually changing addon code.

Also I keep getting errors with TinyTooltip. Anytime I try to do /ttip it doesn't do anything and bugsack records an error. I've got 3 errors I'll paste into here once I copy them from my desktop.
Other then that I'm running just fine and mazzifying great even on new toons after doing the fixes listed on OP. Thanks for all the great work you guys have been doing.
And before I forget I cannot access Group Calendar mod either as the minimap button doesn't show up or the slash command doesn't work. I dunno if it has anything to do with the same issue I'm having with trying to get into the slash command for tinytip

[2008/04/03 08:41:12-76-x1]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:98: attempt to index global 'TinyTipOptions' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3032: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2724: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2745: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---

Same error with a different line:

Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2995: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:

Last error in the sack:

[2008/04/03 09:14:48-76-x1]: SpellEvents-1.0-32935:103: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'pEndTime' (a nil value)

---

Last edited by SilentBeast : 04-03-08 at 10:05 AM.
04-03-08, 09:58 AM   #274
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
If you're feeling a little extra limber, you could try on of the uodated versions at http://www.mldkp.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=10

This guys been at least fixing bugs since development stopped on DUF and is probably where DeTard found the version he pushed.
Has anyone tried this, or knows what happens if you put it in? I'm not against trying new things, just wondering if anyone has taken the jump yet. If not, I'll look into it later and post my findings.
04-03-08, 10:36 AM   #275
rabidpilot
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for the information on manual fix for 2.4 and working fine for me. Do you know when you may have a fix uploaded?
04-03-08, 10:46 AM   #276
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

If you're feeling a little extra limber, you could try one of the updated versions at http://www.mldkp.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=10

SUCCESS!!! I can verify that using the version of DUF from the above link cures the error I (and others) have been getting PLUS sorts the SmartBuff icon problem I had. So, if you get the following error when performing a full Mazzification...

1. Delete the addon directories for DiscordLibrary, DiscordUnitFrames and DiscordUnitFramesOptions

2. Replace them with the versions in the link above (remember to get both DiscordUnitFrames (which contains two dirs) and DiscordLibrary

3. Delete the WTF\Account\yourname\yourserver\brokentoonname directory

4. Perform a COMPLETE Mazzification

You should enjoy your Mazzlegasm, an empty bugsack (at least as far as DUF is concerned), a correctly positioned SmartBuff icon and the opposite sex will find you strangely attractive.

Not bad, huh?

EDIT : oh, you will still have the Mend Pet icon floating in the middle of the screen, but you can drag that to wherever you want, of course.

Last edited by DanielCoffey : 04-03-08 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Added the Mend Pet icon
04-03-08, 10:56 AM   #277
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
My bad there, TopScore_Fu has not been updated for 2.4 yet and thus will not work until it's updated. I'll note this in the OP...
The reason TopScoreFU had an .svn override was b/c it used a different combat log parser than all of the other add-ons at the time. I chose to stay with the old version so I wouldn't have to run two parsers at the same time. I do not know if that applies any more. Probably not.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 04-03-08 at 11:59 AM.
04-03-08, 11:15 AM   #278
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
EDIT : oh, you will still have the Mend Pet icon floating in the middle of the screen, but you can drag that to wherever you want, of course.
Or simply use /kotj mendpet off and reload ui - voila it's gone...

/smirge
04-03-08, 11:30 AM   #279
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
SUCCESS!!! I can verify that using the version of DUF from the above link cures the error I (and others) have been getting PLUS sorts the SmartBuff icon problem I had. So, if you get the following error when performing a full Mazzification...

1. Delete the addon directories for DiscordLibrary, DiscordUnitFrames and DiscordUnitFramesOptions

2. Replace them with the versions in the link above (remember to get both DiscordUnitFrames (which contains two dirs) and DiscordLibrary

3. Delete the WTF\Account\yourname\yourserver\brokentoonname directory

4. Perform a COMPLETE Mazzification

You should enjoy your Mazzlegasm, an empty bugsack (at least as far as DUF is concerned), a correctly positioned SmartBuff icon and the opposite sex will find you strangely attractive.

Not bad, huh?

Ihave tried the above and while i DO get the second mazzification button and it works with an empty bugsack after reload, just when it finishes the first mazzification and before i hit the second button, the bugsack goes nuts with that exact error - duf_element on line 524

Any ideas ?
04-03-08, 11:44 AM   #280
NicodemusAtNIMH
An Aku'mai Servant

Using JWowUpdater-1.88

How exactly am i to use this to update my add ons with out screwing up my Mazzle UI?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread