09-02-05, 10:37 PM   #1
Elcor
A Kobold Labourer
New to WoW, and my main's a Druid, looking for suggestions.

I'm looking for suggestions on which UI stuff to get that would help me best as a Tauren Druid (skinning / leatherworking) in game.
09-03-05, 07:32 AM   #2
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have a Tauren druid with skinning+leatherworking too. There's not much needed on the UI that isn't there in the stock Bliz UI. I use Titan, Flexbar, MoveAnything, WoW-Econ and (my own) range coloring mod, but honestly I don't think I'm a better player because of them. I've just gotten used to them with other characters (warrior and mage).

You might try one of the healing or click-casting add-ons if you find it hard to heal. The addition of party pet bars I think has closed the main gap Bliz had with the healing add-ons. I'm not thrilled about the add-ons that pick the right heal or prevent over-healing because it makes the game less interesting for me -- I might change my tune when doing really challenging raids some day.

Skinning is the simplest possible skill so there's nothing for a mod to do. Leatherworking in my experience is also pretty simple. It's not like enchanting or alchemy with tons of stuff to track and plan. (I was thrilled at the start with leatherworking because I could make better equipment than I could find. Now it's kind of disappointing because what I find is much better than what I make. Maybe this will change at higher levels, but right now I pretty much make armor kits and balls.)
09-09-05, 01:41 PM   #3
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I have a tauren druid to. Along with healing mods and all the basics that I use on most classes the one that no druid should do without is "DruidBar" (aka "Dbar"). Druidbar allows you to see your mana while you are shifted as a bear or cat which can be very handy at times. It will also play a sound if you successfully swiftshift which is nice to help you get your timings correct.

I dont think it is on wowinterface.com though so you may need to look else where.
09-10-05, 09:51 AM   #4
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Cool, how does it do that? I thought UnitMana() returned energy or rage as soon as I shifted form. Is there a way to get the current mana in shape shift form? (Hmm. Maybe it hooks the mana event and keeps track of it manually?)
09-10-05, 10:57 AM   #5
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Littlejohn
Cool, how does it do that? I thought UnitMana() returned energy or rage as soon as I shifted form. Is there a way to get the current mana in shape shift form? (Hmm. Maybe it hooks the mana event and keeps track of it manually?)
Im not sure, I've never really taken a look through it. It works though as it says which is nice . Also I thought there was a function for UnitRage, UnitEnergy, UnitMana? I may be wrong though.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » New to WoW, and my main's a Druid, looking for suggestions.