11-16-07, 09:31 PM   #1
personcube
A Murloc Raider
XP Bar?

"- <Ui xmlns="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/">
- <Frame name="XPPercentageFrame">
- <Scripts>
<OnLoad>this:RegisterEvent("VARIABLES_LOADED"); this:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_XP_UPDATE"); this:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LEVEL_UP"); this:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD"); this:RegisterEvent("UPDATE_FACTION"); this:RegisterEvent("CVAR_UPDATE");</OnLoad>
<OnEvent>SetTextStatusBarTextPrefix( getglobal("MainMenuExpBar"), "XP ".. floor(UnitXP("player")/UnitXPMax("player")*1000)/10 .."% -" ); local name, reaction, min, max, value = GetWatchedFactionInfo(); if name ~= null then ReputationWatchStatusBarText:SetText(name.." ".. floor(value/max*1000)/10 .."% - "..value.." / "..max); end</OnEvent>
</Scripts>
</Frame>
</Ui>"

That is directly from Calwin's XPPercentage addon. I am simply wondering if anyone could just fix the code to work for 2.3. . .and if that is even possible.

All I want an addon to do is to show a percentage beside our now ever-present current experience. (I.e. "128020/198000 (64.65%)")

Any help is greatly appreciated. :-) Thank you very, very much. Take care.
11-19-07, 12:43 AM   #2
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
mod works fine as it is , all needs changing is the TOC file to update the version to work with the burning crusade

## Interface: 20300
## Title: XPPercentage 1.4
## Author: Calwin
## Notes: A minimalistic addon that adds the XP in percent when hovering over the XP-bar.
XPPercentage.xml

altho this mod is no longer needed as you can open interface options and select show percentages (on the right hand side )
11-19-07, 01:38 PM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please do not change the TOC number in someone else's addon unless you are intending to become the primary maintainer. There is no benefit to this, just check the "load out of date addons." Blues agree that changing this is a very bad idea.

Also, there are a lot of problems with that code, but I'm not going to get into them now. It'll work, and if you don't want to rewrite a lot of the code, I would just leave it.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
11-19-07, 02:19 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Shirik
Please do not change the TOC number in someone else's addon unless you are intending to become the primary maintainer. There is no benefit to this, just check the "load out of date addons." Blues agree that changing this is a very bad idea.

Also, there are a lot of problems with that code, but I'm not going to get into them now. It'll work, and if you don't want to rewrite a lot of the code, I would just leave it.
Changing the TOC was going to be for the OP's personal use, and it *needs* to be changed if he wishes to use it, as it is a mod from pre-2.0.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » XP Bar?