02-18-08, 04:32 PM   #1
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Aloft

I am wondering if there is a mod out there that is like aloft? I like aloft, but don't like all of the people on the screen to have the bars showing (namely my pets and my groups pets and critters). Aloft has setting to show or hide certain groups of bars, but it doesn't work most of the time.

I have the latest version of aloft, but the bars I want to hide show up and disappear of their own free will, it seems like.

Does anyone know of another mod that does the same thing as Aloft does?
02-18-08, 04:43 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All Aloft (and the 2-3 other mods like it) does is modify the built in Blizzard nameplates. You can see enemy units, friendly units, or both. (I think you can select only friendly units...) The range for seeing nameplates is only 15 or 20 yards.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-18-08, 05:44 PM   #3
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

I know that all they do is alter the already existing display that is built into the game, but there are further options withing Aloft under Visability:

Show Pets
Show Group Pets
Show Friendly Pets
Show Friendly NPCs
Show Hostile Players
Show Hostile Pets
Show Hostile NPCs
Show Neutral Units
Show Critters

You can show or hide these units individually, but when I hide the Pets, Group Pets, and Critters they will hide sometimes, but show at other times, and it makes the screen quite cluttered at times.

I like to see Player and Enemy bars, but don't need to see the pets, or critters.

I'm wondering what the other 2 or 3 mods like Aloft are, so I can try them out and see if the are more "reliable" (I don't like to use that word because it makes it sound like a bad mod, which it's not, but I can't think of another at the moment) than Aloft (if they even have the same Visability Options).
10-29-08, 10:31 PM   #4
Raynor-
A Kobold Labourer
Here's a bug I seem to constantly get in arena:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ezmg7o.jpg
10-30-08, 07:36 AM   #5
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

NamePlateModifier is the closest thing I've come to Aloft. I don't remember where I found it but it has less options, but also uses less resources.
10-30-08, 09:45 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Raynor- View Post
Here's a bug I seem to constantly get in arena:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ezmg7o.jpg
Next time, you can create a new thread, instead of resurrecting a dead one.

But! Are you using the latest version of Aloft? It is available from this site, not wowace. If you are using the latest version, these are probably the best places to place your bug report:
the aloft thread
the comments on the download page
as a bug report on acapela's portal
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-30-08, 10:15 AM   #7
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
I like to see Player and Enemy bars, but don't need to see the pets, or critters.
at this point, i am thinking i need to display the current version of Aloft somewhere prominently (like, in the title of the waterfall display), so that people can identify the Aloft version they are using easily.

problems like this are reported somewhat regularly, and its always possible for a defect to creep back in or arise as a side-effect of something else, but features like Visibility are things i use myself, and i don't see problems with them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Aloft