03-04-09, 08:08 PM   #1
Matth3w
A Murloc Raider
Help me out here, I must be a noob.

Can you explain or show via a screen shot how the built in threat meter works? I have Omen and I can't use it while I have your mod installed, and I would rather see the Omen window instead of trying to decipher 16 bars on the screen at once. I like the health and mana bars, but I would love to get rid of the little threat bar on the character, and any other bar possible and just use Omen. Also, my casting bar seems to disappear at times causing me to constantly try to cast the same spell that has already been cast (but I didn't know if it had failed, or whatever, because I can't see the progress). This does not occur in raid but all the time. I also can't seem to use healbot, or something is wrong with healbot mod and WOTLK.

03-04-09, 08:24 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First... the built in threat meter is no longer built in... not since WoW 3.0 as that broke it. So nUI does not have a threat meter built in at this time.

Now... that said... why can't you use Omen3 with nUI... not only does nUI support it, it integrates it. I'm going to hazard a guess that you haven't figured out that you can change the information panels in the lower right of the dashboard maybe? There's a red button there that probably says "Map" -- click it and it will rotate between the map, combat log, Omen3 and Recount (if you have Recount installed). Check out http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#optional as well where you can find some plugins that provide alternate ways of displaying Omen3 and Recount in nUI's info panel.

The "threat bar" you see on the character is not a threat bar, it's the health race bar. You can read about it in the ABOUT.TXT which was distributed with your copy of nUI or on the download page at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-nUI.html#info -- it is rather redundant in the "Player/Target" and "Health/Power" HUD settings, but exceptionally useful in the "Simple HUD" mode and killer if you PvP. However, once you've read about it, if you choose to not use it, you can turn it off with the command '/nui hud healthrace'

I might suggest while you're reading the ABOUT.TXT (or documentation on the download page) you take a moment to skim over what other slash commands are available, as well. You'll also find a GUI tool written by Kodewulf on the optional files page (link given above) you can use to access all those settings from a panel.

nUI and Healbot are compatible and quite a few nUI users also use Healbot. I would suggest you make sure you have the latest version of Healtbot installed. I might also *strongly* recommend you back up a step and follow the nUI installation notes procedures you'll find here... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...postcount=2790 -- that will ensure you the best performance and most stable installation.

This issue you're referring to with the casting bar vanishing is a known bug that I'm trying to track down. If it helps any, it results from spamming the spell you're casting. For some reasion the second cast is being received before the cancel message from the first cast is received so the entire bar is being cancelled... it's the order that Bliz is sending the messages in and I'm trying to figure out a way to recognize when that happens and catch it so the bar doesn't get removed. Trying to avoid spamming the spell will help (though I know that's hard in the heat of battle)

Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post

Can you explain or show via a screen shot how the built in threat meter works? I have Omen and I can't use it while I have your mod installed, and I would rather see the Omen window instead of trying to decipher 16 bars on the screen at once. I like the health and mana bars, but I would love to get rid of the little threat bar on the character, and any other bar possible and just use Omen. Also, my casting bar seems to disappear at times causing me to constantly try to cast the same spell that has already been cast (but I didn't know if it had failed, or whatever, because I can't see the progress). This does not occur in raid but all the time. I also can't seem to use healbot, or something is wrong with healbot mod and WOTLK.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 03-04-09 at 08:27 PM.

03-04-09, 08:27 PM   #3
Matth3w
A Murloc Raider
Wow thanks for your lengthy and quick response!

I haven't started raiding with this toon yet, but when I do, is there a different way to display the party/raid members? As of right now I can't say I enjoy the fact that the party is split on either side of the map. So I look down and in the heat of battle with three blood elfs, it's like - "which one is me, which is them, etc etc."

03-04-09, 08:36 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
Wow thanks for your lengthy and quick response!

I haven't started raiding with this toon yet, but when I do, is there a different way to display the party/raid members? As of right now I can't say I enjoy the fact that the party is split on either side of the map. So I look down and in the heat of battle with three blood elfs, it's like - "which one is me, which is them, etc etc."
Like anything new, you have to expect it to take some getting used to.

For starters, you and your pet are always on the left of the minimap, the target and ToT are always on the right... your party or raid members will be outside of that. I should hasten to add that the unit panel works like the info panel, as well... you can click it to change modes. I'll also add that the Beta 4 does not include 15, 20, 25 or 40 main raid frames (they're in the 5.0 currently under development).

While I am not a clicker (I use keybinds for everything when I play), nUI is designed with clickers in mind and for that reason, uses patterns in locating unit frames and makes a point of locating the unit frames close to the action buttons. It's this use of patterns that dictates to some degree why the unit frames are laid out as they are and I suspect your eye will adjust to it pretty quickly.

Just keep in mind that it's new, so by definition, it will feel different.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-06-09, 12:32 PM   #5
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

This issue you're referring to with the casting bar vanishing is a known bug that I'm trying to track down. If it helps any, it results from spamming the spell you're casting. For some reasion the second cast is being received before the cancel message from the first cast is received so the entire bar is being cancelled... it's the order that Bliz is sending the messages in and I'm trying to figure out a way to recognize when that happens and catch it so the bar doesn't get removed. Trying to avoid spamming the spell will help (though I know that's hard in the heat of battle)
I have had this happen even while not spamming a spell. One click (yes...I'm a clicker) then at about 70% *poof*. Not sure if this helps you track down the cause.

03-06-09, 02:38 PM   #6
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

Well that would explain why I've got a problem with it. Boomkin druid?

It's dot, dot, dot, wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath, wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath, wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath OMG ECLIPSE TO STARFIRE, spam starfire, starfire, starfire, starifre, spam starfire, starfire, starfire, starifre, spam starfire, starfire, starfire, starifre, spam starfire, starfire, starfire, starifre, spam starfire, starfire, starfire, starifre

rinse, repeat...

yeahhh, my bars go funky alot.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Help me out here, I must be a noob.