11-27-10, 11:52 AM   #1
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just wanted to say thanks.

This is the first site that I uploaded my addons onto, and I thought the process was great. I figured I might as well try and do the same at Curse/WoWAce. That had to be my worst idea ever. Uploading the addons at WoWI is so much easier and hassle-free than at Curse/WoWAce. When I first uploaded my addon to Curse it said an admin would check it in a few hours, it took 3 days... I just recently updated my addon here at WoWI, it literally took 1 minute for it to be approved.

Overall my experience here at WoWI has been much better than Curse. Everywhere I turned at Curse just seemed to provide another problem for me work with.

Thanks! I'm sure there are many others who agree with me on this, WoWI is just awesome!
11-27-10, 11:58 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the kind words, Waky. Always nice to hear that we are doing a good job.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-28-10, 05:43 PM   #3
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Waky View Post
When I first uploaded my addon to Curse it said an admin would check it in a few hours, it took 3 days...
oh yes that rings a bell kinda every time i setup a new addon there.

One thing i am missing here tough pushing new file updates directly via svn like it works on curse, tagging as release all other the packager does would allow me to batch addon updates :P
11-28-10, 06:08 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by DarkStarX View Post
oh yes that rings a bell kinda every time i setup a new addon there.

One thing i am missing here tough pushing new file updates directly via svn like it works on curse, tagging as release all other the packager does would allow me to batch addon updates :P
http://svn.wowinterface.com/
this?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-28-10, 06:17 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I think he meant being able to tag your repository through your SVN client and have software running on the WoWI server automagically create a release based on your tag. That's how Curse does it, and it's not a system I'm particularly fond of.

I prefer WoWI's method for pushing releases. There's almost never a case where I want my actual SVN commit logs being used as the change log on the public download page. Most users don't care to see a bunch of "fixed typo" and "tweaked X" notes, or 20 notes related to the same feature that's just been developed. I prefer being able to type a user-friendly summary of changes that actually affect users, with formatting like bold headings and bulleted lists, and not have my whole changelog dumped as unformatted text.

_____

Last edited by Phanx : 11-28-10 at 06:29 PM.
11-28-10, 06:38 PM   #6
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Which need you to visit the site and manually push to create a new zip file, at least i didnt find a way to push it automatic as it works on curse.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I think he meant being able to tag your repository through your SVN client and have software running on the WoWI server automagically create a release based on your tag. That's how Curse does it, and it's not a system I'm particularly fond of.

I prefer WoWI's method for pushing releases. There's almost never a case where I want my actual SVN commit logs being used as the change log on the public download page. Most users don't care to see a bunch of "fixed typo" and "tweaked X" notes, or 20 notes related to the same feature that's just been developed. I prefer being able to type a user-friendly summary of changes that actually affect users, with formatting like bold headings and bulleted lists, and not have my whole changelog dumped as unformatted text.

_____
It is not like you should be forced to use it and could also make a option to not use that as changelog.

In my case I dont have that problem anyway, because i use git on my own server and only export final releases without any changelog, but would be nice then to batch the update on both sites to have less work.

As it is it's only use for someone who need a subversion server but for only pushing file updates its easier to just upload file.
11-28-10, 06:47 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Have you looked at Shadowed's WoWI Mod Uploader? It's created specifically for pushing from another SVN.

This script tries to speed up the process of updating your mods on WoWInterface and making life easier in general, supports uploading from an svn repository on a remote server or from your own desktop. Right now, it'll only update files that have already been submitted but their are plans to allow uploading new files later.

All you need is Java 1.5 (also known as Java 5.0) or higher, and a WoWInterface account. Everything is done through a command line, the arguments can be pulled up by passing -h or -help, heres the ones that are available currently.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-29-10, 05:21 AM   #8
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Seems that can do what I want, gonna try it out.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Just wanted to say thanks.