05-27-11, 03:27 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Inventory tracking between 2 accounts

Anyone know of a inventory addon that tracks items in your bag, mail, bank, stc between 2 accounts and puts that info in your tooltip?

Thanks in advance.
05-27-11, 03:49 PM   #2
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart View Post
Anyone know of a inventory addon that tracks items in your bag, mail, bank, stc between 2 accounts and puts that info in your tooltip?

Thanks in advance.
Bagnon Has tracking abilities through several accounts. You do not need to install Bagnon if you don't want the bags themselves, but there are a few modules in bagnon that from the Addon options before logging in (or ingame if you are using AddonControlPanel or other similar addons) where you can turn off the ones you do not need or you can uninstall all together.

There should be 5 addons when you install it,
Bagnon, -- Independent
Bagnon_Config, -- Dependent on Bagnon
Bagnon_Forever, -- Independent*
Bagnon_Guild_Bank, -- Independent
Bagnon_Tooltips, -- Independent*

Turn everything off but Bagnon_Forever and Bagnon_Tooltips and you're set, they do not depend on the actual addon itself in order to work.

~Lily.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 05-27-11 at 03:55 PM.
05-27-11, 04:40 PM   #3
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
I like arkinventory the best
05-27-11, 04:44 PM   #4
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
I like arkinventory the best
He wasn't asking for a "Bag" addon though, just an addon that tracked items through several accounts via in the tooltip in the bags, mail, bank, gbank, etc.

05-27-11, 07:00 PM   #5
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm not entirely sure Bagnon will/can actually track stuff between multiple accounts, but it can track between characters on the same account. But Bagnon can do most of what you're looking for!

Perhaps Altoholic can be of some help?

Sure, it doesn't affect the tooltip (since it has its own GUI/window), but it does track between multiple accounts.

Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart View Post

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there is any addon that can track items in your mailbox (I don't even think it's possible to make one that can track specific items in a mailbox, for that matter)!

05-27-11, 07:09 PM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
I'm not entirely sure Bagnon will/can actually track stuff between multiple accounts, but it can track between characters on the same account. But Bagnon can do most of what you're looking for!

Perhaps Altoholic can be of some help?

Sure, it doesn't affect the tooltip (since it has its own GUI/window), but it does track between multiple accounts.

I don't think there is any addon that can track items in your mailbox (I don't even think it's possible to make one that can track specific items in a mailbox, for that matter)!
As a matter of fact, Bagnon DOES track items through two different accounts, as I have two accounts myself (under one battle.net account).
And the mail one is if'y... It works some of the times and others it doesn't. I'm sure there is just certain restrictions. You probably just need to look at your mailbox or items in mail, without withdrawing it.

But yes, between bagnon and altoholic you should find what you are looking for~

05-28-11, 08:23 AM   #7
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
I use BankItems to track my alts' items, and it seems to do a relatively good job keeping track of the mail. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support multiple accounts.
05-28-11, 11:39 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you sure that Bagnon does this, Lily.Petal? Saved Variables are not saved across accounts, even if the accounts are on the same battle.net umbrella account. There are separate directories within the WTF folder per account.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-11, 01:21 PM   #9
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Are you sure that Bagnon does this, Lily.Petal? Saved Variables are not saved across accounts, even if the accounts are on the same battle.net umbrella account. There are separate directories within the WTF folder per account.
It's done this for my TBC account, sent stuff to my warrior via mail on my rogue, and when I logged onto my warrior, the item said I had forgotten some on my rogue. I will have to go relook, but I could of sworn it did.

05-28-11, 05:49 PM   #10
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello Lily, Thank you for mentioning Bagnon. I downloaded it and installed as you said and tried it on my toons on 2 accounts (both on same Bnet account). Unfortunately it shows only the tooltip info for one account but not the other and vice versa. I tried all combos of the Bagnon modules and still didn't see anything for the other accounts.
05-28-11, 06:53 PM   #11
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
If you're using an operating system and file system that supports symbolic links, you could handle this by softlinking your per-account saved variables folders to a single account's saved variables folder. This would allow addons that track your alts on one account to track your alts' data across the linked accounts.

On windows, the command is mklink; you may wish to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link .
05-29-11, 05:39 PM   #12
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
First off I like to thank all who posted helpful information. I finally located what I wanted with Armory.

Armory does have options for item count and tracking in the tooltips. Armory does not have the option to view over two accounts in itself but there is a tool named the ArmoryDataTool Version:2.0 which enables merging Armory data files for multiple accounts.

You can go to the http://www.wow-neighbours.com/index....tegory&catid=5 or CurseForge for the addons there as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Inventory tracking between 2 accounts