12-24-06, 02:39 AM   #1
Retchers
A Defias Bandit
Text triggers

Is there a mod out there that plays a sound that you specify when certain text appears?
I don't want a single mod for a single line of text that play a single sound, I'm looking to add a 'trigger' event everytime I want to be alerted that certain text has appeared somewhere on my screen or in a chat window. Also, I want to be able to add unlimited different triggers and play any .wav or .mp3 files....
I don't ask for much, do I?
Thanks in advance guys!
12-24-06, 04:41 AM   #2
Goregazm
A Murloc Raider
I know ChatAssist has a Keyword filter that will play a sound when a user defined keyword is said in chat. If you are wanting to change the sound that is played when your keyword(s) are seen, you will need to open the: ChatAssist.lua file and change line 5 to point to a different sound. Otherwise, it will just play the sound AuctionWindowOpen.wav
12-27-06, 01:02 PM   #3
Retchers
A Defias Bandit
Hey Goregazm, thank you very much... This is a very good start to what I'm looking for. I really do want to be able to define "Upon hearing [text] play sound [sound file]", so that when, say, a dot or debuff is resisted, I get a little distinctive beep that I'll understand as "mob is immune to fire traps".
12-27-06, 09:18 PM   #4
rob1101
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Retchers
Hey Goregazm, thank you very much... This is a very good start to what I'm looking for. I really do want to be able to define "Upon hearing [text] play sound [sound file]", so that when, say, a dot or debuff is resisted, I get a little distinctive beep that I'll understand as "mob is immune to fire traps".
wow that sounds like it is going to be a really cool mod. although i probably cant do much message me if you need some help

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Text triggers