04-07-09, 03:46 PM   #1
Darasen
A Kobold Labourer
Tooltips and Drop quests

First allow me to say that I had never used Carbonite before it became openly distributed. I have been trying it now and must say that it is useful enough that I will be donating.

There does seem to be one thing missing in the tool tip quest tracking portion though. When I have a quest to go and kill X number of orcs the tool tip nicely shows that the orc I have moused over is indeed one to kill and how many I have/need, this is good. But, for collection quest such as Cursed Talismans the tool tip gives me no information on what orcs may drop the talismans or how many I have/need. Did I fail to turn something on or is QuestHelper the only way to get this information in the tool tip? If this is not in currently is there a plan to add it?

Once more great add on please keep up the good work.

04-07-09, 03:59 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Darasen View Post
First allow me to say that I had never used Carbonite before it became openly distributed. I have been trying it now and must say that it is useful enough that I will be donating.

There does seem to be one thing missing in the tool tip quest tracking portion though. When I have a quest to go and kill X number of orcs the tool tip nicely shows that the orc I have moused over is indeed one to kill and how many I have/need, this is good. But, for collection quest such as Cursed Talismans the tool tip gives me no information on what orcs may drop the talismans or how many I have/need. Did I fail to turn something on or is QuestHelper the only way to get this information in the tool tip? If this is not in currently is there a plan to add it?

Once more great add on please keep up the good work.
Currently it does some simple string matching to determine if a mob is involved in a quest. This works most of the time but there are quite a few quests where it can't match. We were planning on adding full drop information, drop %'s, etc. This may still happen based on time & priorities.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tooltips and Drop quests