View Poll Results: Will you redo you UI with 4.0?
Yes 42 52.50%
No 14 17.50%
Maybe 9 11.25%
I like tacos 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

10-14-10, 01:55 PM   #21
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by bill_med87 View Post
As an above poster said, I intendo on clearing out my Auctioneer data when Cata hits. Won't clear the XPerl config or Gatherer DB, though.
In fact, maybe i am FORCED to clear Gatherer too, if the Kalimdor and EK maps change too drastically after Cata... =(

For now, I am keeping the broken addons until the authors had a chance to work on them. The ones that still donīt work in a week or so will be... well, TRASHED...
From what I've seen on videos from the beta, I'd say we should probably plan on having to dump gatherer data. With zone levels changing I'm pretty sure the types of herbs available in them will be changing as well. Cata is also going to probably be rewriting the entire economy for many of the same reasons (changing of zones, etc) so that kinda makes wiping that database a good idea.

I've been kind of wondering what kind of changes to look forward to or dread with my professions. Don't know if some of my addons are worth keeping that I used to use for watching for profession recipes & such or if I should wait with those and try to find something new. After messing around on wow a bit the last couple of days, I have noticed that one or more of my addons have become obsolete because they were in essence incorporated into the game's ui. I actually like having to get rid of addons for that kind of reason....no offense to the authors of them but I like to use as few addons as I can in an effort to keep my slower computer able to keep running wow lol.
10-14-10, 01:56 PM   #22
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm doing the same as we speak and releasing a new version with a new name. Time to get rid of so much added junk and crap from my version revisions.

After logging in and realizing how much everything changes, it was sign from above that a new build from scratch was what I needed.

I'm loving it!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Time for a UI reset.