10-18-10, 06:31 AM   #1
anticlimax
A Defias Bandit
carbonite only works on some characters?

I had this problem and it was so frustrating that I joined the forums just to find some help. However, I have found a solution.

If you are having this problem, you should go into your addons, you'll see carbonite has a silver tick which, when hovered over says "this addon only works on some characters". All you need to do is uncheck the addon and dependencies, then re-check them. No logging in or out required! They should now be gold ticks and work on all characters. It really is that easy. Hope this works for everyone

10-18-10, 07:36 AM   #2
Maraystan
A Kobold Labourer
check the addons before you log into any of your characters. its probably dissabled for some of your characters. may i suggest getting addon control panel so you can enable or dissable addons within the game.

10-18-10, 05:26 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep. I've helped two people with that issue the last few days.

The character select button should be set to All before changing check marks. I've seen mine show as Custom, when I always use All, so beware.

10-19-10, 04:12 AM   #4
carby
A Defias Bandit
Well Ive tried all of the above but still cant get it to work on my alt. Works fine on my main, but when I use Carbonite on my alt I loose the clock,calender,map and all the other buttons that I have on my main. Also works fine on my other alts that I dont play. Someone please help.

10-19-10, 12:17 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by carby View Post
Well Ive tried all of the above but still cant get it to work on my alt. Works fine on my main, but when I use Carbonite on my alt I loose the clock,calender,map and all the other buttons that I have on my main. Also works fine on my other alts that I dont play. Someone please help.
That is a completely different problem. They have no addon at all.

You have problem #8 here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21817

10-26-10, 11:24 AM   #6
dsaxton33
A Kobold Labourer
Question

Originally Posted by carby View Post
Have the same problem myself, Carbonite works fine on all of my alts, but when I try to use it with my main it doesn't go past the loading screen, it gets to the end of the loading screen and dc's me, was told by a GM in game that it was Carbonite, however why would it work on all of my alts and not on only 1 of my toons?

10-26-10, 03:51 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dsaxton33 View Post
Have the same problem myself, Carbonite works fine on all of my alts, but when I try to use it with my main it doesn't go past the loading screen, it gets to the end of the loading screen and dc's me
Possibly an issue with settings.

Log onto a character that works. Right click C minimap button, select Options, select Reset page, left click "Delete settings of a character" and left click the disconnecting character's name. Now test that character.

If still DCing, then exit game, rename the WTF\Account\*\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua file to Carbonite.old and try again.

If still DCing, then exit game and delete the Cache folder and test.

If still DCing, then exit game and rename the WTF folder to WTFold and test.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite only works on some characters?