06-28-11, 02:00 PM   #1
cfyfe71
A Murloc Raider
button CD not showing

hello scott

I have run into something that is not a game stopper but when you have the time you might want to look into it. I play a priest and have been using mind controll alot more then in the past. I have a macro set up that when i left click it will focus the target, so MC can be recast without the need to retarget. The macro also will clear focus and then target if i right click it. What i have been noticing is after i release the MC and start throwing spells at it the spell timers on the buttons do not work or they will flash showing the CD when it flashes ie.. SW:P DP and VT will show as a ready to cast spell with no shadow and no timer.

This has not really been too much of a probelm as i can see the spells on the target. I just thought it would be a good idea to bring this to your attention as it may later become an issue.

06-28-11, 02:32 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you mean on the macro button or the individual spell buttons ?

06-28-11, 03:58 PM   #3
cfyfe71
A Murloc Raider
the shaded grey with the count down timer on every button. i am not sure if the macro has anything to do with it i thought it would be good to mention it. i never really used mind control but it has become very usefull in cata dungoens. When i started using MC i searched for premade macros and found 1 right away, started using it then i noticed the issue in question.

here is the macro:

#showtooltip Mind Control
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/Script SetRaidTarget("Focus",3)
/stopmacro [nogroup]
/y MC'ing %t!
/cast [nobtn:2,target=focus]Mind Control
/stopmacro [nobtn:2]
/script PetDismiss()
/cast Fade
/target focus
/clearfocus
/stopmacro [nogroup]
/y MC Released

I have edited a line or 2 in-game due to the max character limit. i just can't remember the lines i cut out. i think it was #showtooltip Mind Control and /y MC'ing %t!

06-28-11, 04:37 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ah, think the counters only work on the target and not the focus. Try it again with the focus also being the target and see if it is different.

Other than that, tomorrow I'll try and get on my priest an have a dabble with it myself and see if I can get the same thing happening.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » button CD not showing