11-07-13, 09:57 PM   #1
Jhager
A Defias Bandit
Question I lost my Carbonite minymap and button

I was trying to change some setting and now the mini map doesn't show up when carbonite is loaded so I don't have the button to get to the menu. Is there some way to reset it to the default settings? I tried deleting carbonite and the saved variables but it didn't help. Thanks in advance

11-08-13, 10:09 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

I've encountered the same issue many times, especially when opening one of my alt chars which hadn't been opened since the last carbonite update (Beta/Alpha 2). Here's what I discovered that works for me.

Edited:
Note: I do not have the mini-map merged into my Carbonite map.
PS. There is no "Restore default settings" option in Carbonite.

See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	re-enable-carbonite-mini-map-button.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	553.8 KB
ID:	7931  

Last edited by Kreelor : 11-08-13 at 10:13 PM.

11-09-13, 07:08 PM   #3
Jhager
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the info but Carbonite doesn't show up in my interface AddOns tab, I don't know why but it hasn't for along time even on the toons that Carbonite still works on.

11-10-13, 08:27 AM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If carbonite is not showing up on your interface addon's list then make sure you have "load out of date addons" selected in the addons button on the character select screen.

Also make sure you are running the beta version of Carb (right click Carb in the Curse client, select "alpha" in the "preferred release type" menu)

If that didn't fix it then do a "hard reset" of Carb

To do this load up windows explorer and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account"
(I'm assuming you have Win 7x64+ things may be a little different on your system)
In the top right search box type "Carbonite.lua" and erase/backup all the files you see.

Then disable ALL your addons except Carbonite and run the game.
If Carbonite is back up and running then you can re-enable all your addons to see if one of them breaks Carb.

If Carb is still not playing nice then post back here and we'll come up with another solution..

I could also teamviewer your machine to take a look myself. But my schedule is pretty busy. I really don't know when I am free from one moment to the next.. PM me if you want me to do this and I'll let you know when I'm free...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I lost my Carbonite minymap and button