01-28-10, 02:32 PM   #1
Decided
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite mini-map not working at all..

This is really odd, and the first error I've ever encounter while using Carbonite (no errors in 1+ year of usage).

I installed Carbonite, let's say, a few months back with no problems what-so-ever.

As of the past week, when I log into my alt that I'm currently leveling, the little areas on the Carbonite minimap that are highlighted in different colors and correspond to current active quests no longer apear. If I click the little bullet in order to bring up the directional arrow, only then does it highlight the area but in a plain while color.

What's the deal? Never had any error, let alone this odd one, so I'm at a loss. Thanks again for any help.

01-28-10, 11:12 PM   #2
Decided
A Murloc Raider
Bump for any and all help.

01-29-10, 02:05 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are a couple of things you could check.
  1. Open your Carbonite options to the "Reset" page, and choose "Import settings from a character" to import another characters' settings .
  2. Open your Carbonite options to the "Quest" page, and about half way down the page check the options under the "Quest map options" heading.
  3. On your Quest Watch window header, please make sure the first radio button from the left is bright green. That shows the quests on the map.

From the Carbonite "ReadMe":

"Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List."

I hope this helps.

01-29-10, 10:29 PM   #4
Decided
A Murloc Raider
I appreciate the reply, jeffy - it seems whatever I just tinkered around with managed to get read of my quest complete question marks on my map as well (the bold yellow "?").

Now, on my little, drag-able, Carbonite mini-map, there's nothing unless I actually click the little bullet next to the quest that I'm trying to find.

What gives?

01-30-10, 04:02 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You might want to take a look at the Carbonite Wiki. It gives you quite a bit of information about Carbonite and how to set it up. It might give you a better idea what settings are causing your problem.

There might be another addon interfering with Carbonite. Check the Carbonite FAQ page to see whether you are using an addon that is known to conflict with Carbonite. If none of your current addons are listed, and nothing else helps, try disabling all of your addons except Carbonite and see if the problem persists.

You could also try importing the settings from one of your alts that doesn't have this problem.

01-30-10, 11:02 AM   #6
Decided
A Murloc Raider
Thanks again for the reply, Jeffy.

I tried importing settings from another alt/toon and the problem still persists.

I checked the Wiki, and under the "Map" subheading (where my problem stems) there are no entries for additional help.

As for the FAQ paged, I checked that prior to posting to check compatibility issues and I don't use any of the addons that would potentially conflict - I've used the same addons in the past in addition to Carbonite and like I said, this is my first issue with the addon.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated, thanks again.

01-31-10, 02:48 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, you could try this: Go to your \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables (where "YOURACCOUNTNAME" is the actual name of your account) and look for the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Just rename them (like, put "_old" after "Carbonite" or something) for this little test. Now, this is going to, basically, reset Carbonite to (sort of) a "fresh install" - for ALL of your characters on this account - which is the reason for the renaming instead of deleting. Don't worry, Carbonite will just make new files with the original names but without whatever information is causing the trouble and if it doesn't fix it you can just delete the new files and rename the old (original) files again.

After you do that, start WoW and choose the character you are having trouble with. Please make sure you load all the normal addons for the character. Enter your realm, and see if that fixes the problem.

I apologize for your having to go through this to get this straightened out. I'm sure there is a way to edit that characters' information out of the ".lua" and ".lua.bak" files, but have no way of knowing how to go about it, or, more precisely, which information to edit out.

01-31-10, 12:10 PM   #8
Decided
A Murloc Raider
Renaming seemed to do the trick, thanks again for sticking with me here Jeffy, much appreciated.

01-31-10, 09:35 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Decided View Post
Renaming seemed to do the trick, thanks again for sticking with me here Jeffy, much appreciated.
You're welcome, Decided.

While I'm glad I could help you I was really hoping to not have to go this far to fix the problem. As I said before this basically gives a "fresh start" to Carbonite for all of the character's on this account. Seeing as this was the solution to your problem, you might as well just delete the old, renamed, ".lua" and ".lua.bak" files, since Carbonite just created new ones anyway, and you don't need them any more.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite mini-map not working at all..