03-16-13, 12:09 AM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Mount / pet summon

Iam looking for a easy pet and mount mod. What i need ..

1) ablity to not summon a mount/pet ...
2) easy to use. No make X number of buttons.

Please dont say look at guppet. I have and it terrrable! You cant exclude a mount or pet. Set slide bar any where and u still get ones you dont want. Or it trys 50x to summon one u cant use.
03-16-13, 02:06 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For mounts, I use Squire2. It adds checkboxes in the Blizzard mount list so you can un-check any mounts you don't want it to summon, and then you just bind a key (or drop it on an action button if you prefer to click) to summon a random mount appropriate for your current location and flying skills. It also supports travel forms if your class has any.

Edit:
I've just installed NugMiniPet and it seems to work pretty well. It summons a random pet out of those you've marked as favorites in the Blizzard pet list, with an option to re-summon a different random pet every N minutes. There's also an option to use per-character favorites instead of the Blizzard favorites, but I haven't tried it.

Both of these have the advantage (IMO) of using the existing Blizzard mount/pet lists, instead of creating entirely new interfaces. This makes them easier to use (since you don't have to familiarize yourself with a new GUI), less ugly (while I'm not a huge fan of the Blizzard UI, all of the custom mount/pet UIs I've seen are incredibly hideous), and less work for the authors to write and maintain.

Last edited by Phanx : 03-16-13 at 06:58 AM.
03-16-13, 03:43 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been using LiveStock currently maintained by Kharthus.
Does both mounts/pets and has several options for exclusion/inclusion etc.

Some guildies are using Pokedex which also supports both and seem pleased, but I have no personal experience with it.
03-16-13, 06:50 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My personal preference for mounts is LiteMount. You can include/exclude specific mounts same as the others mentioned. It also randomly selects a mount based on where you are and your riding skill. One button mount/dismount is nice too. Pretty much the usual options for this type of addon.
03-16-13, 12:58 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I've written one called sCompanions which allows you to keep an ignore list in a Lua file for mounts and pets.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mount / pet summon