01-28-13, 11:22 PM   #1
archy000
A Defias Bandit
Addon that shows recipe drop locations in tooltip

I had an addon once, which showed me where profession recipes were dropped. But I lost the addon and I don't remember the name. Anyone have any idea about this?

P.S: Please reply only if you're certain about an addon that does this and working specifically with profession recipes. Please don't reply like "Altoholic displays item informations in tooltip. It'll probably display recipes' info too". I tried several addons like this, yet couldn't find what I want.
01-29-13, 12:31 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We can't read your mind over the Internet to know exactly what you want and what you've already tried. If you don't want people suggesting the addons you've already tried, or addons like them, then you should probably be more specific about which addons you've already tried, and why you didn't like them.
01-29-13, 01:41 AM   #3
archy000
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
We can't read your mind over the Internet to know exactly what you want and what you've already tried. If you don't want people suggesting the addons you've already tried, or addons like them, then you should probably be more specific about which addons you've already tried, and why you didn't like them.
I apologize if I wasn't very clear.

I simply need an addon that will show me the source of the profession recipes. Either if it's a vendor sold recipe, a world drop recipe, or a specific mob drop recipe etc. etc.. I only need this, and nothing else. The addon I've used was doing this. It would show the name of the mob that dropped the recipe when I hovered over it. Or it would say "level 19-29 zone drop", or "sold by: blabla" and stuff like that.

Last edited by archy000 : 01-29-13 at 01:44 AM.
01-29-13, 01:47 AM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try Ackis Recipe List.
01-29-13, 01:48 AM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try AckisRecipeList

Edit: Since I posted roughly same time as Myrroddin and he already suggested ARL...
Re-reading your post maybe the one you were using was Mendeleev, (that's a frontend for LibPeriodicTable) I'm not sure ARL does tooltips.
Mendeleev adds other info to tooltips but you can configure what you need.

Also worth checking out is ProfessionsVault.

Last edited by Dridzt : 01-29-13 at 01:54 AM.
01-29-13, 02:29 AM   #6
archy000
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Try AckisRecipeList

Edit: Since I posted roughly same time as Myrroddin and he already suggested ARL...
Re-reading your post maybe the one you were using was Mendeleev, (that's a frontend for LibPeriodicTable) I'm not sure ARL does tooltips.
Mendeleev adds other info to tooltips but you can configure what you need.

Also worth checking out is ProfessionsVault.
Thanks for the answers.

I already use ARL, but it doesn't show any info in the item tooltips. You need to use its own window to see the recipe source.

I've checked ProfessionVault, same as ARL; no info in tooltip.

Now Mendeleev; it says "drop", "vendor" in the tooltip. But unfortunately I need more than that.
01-29-13, 01:46 PM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Ackis Recipe List does not currently have this functionality as recipes in your spellbook are stored as spells. It maintains a database of recipe spell id > source...

Tradeskill-info lists itself as being able to show source in the item's tooltip, but I'm not sure if it also lists the source name or just the source type.

Tekkub has an AddOn called Engravings which might be helpful as he does also list for some recipes if they drop from mobs or are vendored (limited supply): https://github.com/TekNoLogic/Engrav...ta/Recipes.lua. This module just lists if the source is a mob or a vendor however so that doesnt statisfy your request. It does list items dropped in a specific dungeon/raid instance but I'm not sure if that includes recipes, since the data comes directly from the dungeon journal.
You can use it to add your own notes to tooltips if you want with /engrave.

Recipe Radar is afaik the only other AddOn that comes to mind that might be helpfull. It works a bit differently in that it lists drops by zone. It has not been updated since cataclysm however.

Last edited by ravagernl : 01-29-13 at 01:54 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon that shows recipe drop locations in tooltip