02-08-13, 03:54 AM   #1
gr0by
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ultimate PVP Unitframes thats replace everything

why it doesn't exist a unit frame thats handle the target/group/player/focus/tot same like gladius and the enemy group in arena? with all option dot, dr timer, trinked both teams and InterruptDuratation both teams?
the ultimate pvp ui
I was looking for this a long time and would be very happy
02-08-13, 11:58 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seems you are looking for Shadowed Unit Frames. IIRC, it can do most of you are asking for.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/diminishingreturns instead of ShadowedUF_arena. Diminishing returns on your party is unfortunately not available but you can use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shadoweduf_losecontrol for that.

Last edited by ravagernl : 02-08-13 at 12:08 PM.
02-08-13, 01:08 PM   #3
gr0by
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I know these addons but I'm looking for a complete solution all with the same style and no kludge.
One addon one update for these.
but thanks anyway
02-08-13, 11:41 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

If you want all your frames to be handled by the same addon, your options are either:

a) Use PitBull, ShadowedUF, Stuf, or another generic unit frame addon. Since it is generic, it is likely that it will not have many specialized features (like DR timers for PvP) and you will need to use plugins. The main advantage of this method is that you can make the frames look and act exactly how you want using an in-game GUI.

b) Use an oUF layout that is specifically tailored for PvP. I don't know of any, but I've never looked, either. If you can find one, this will probably be what you're looking for -- all your frames handled by one addon, with a consistent look and feel, pre-configured with few or no options, and PvP specific features like DR timers. The main disadvantage of this method is that oUF layouts usually do not have any options, so if you want to change anything, you would need to edit the addon's Lua code yourself.

Last edited by Phanx : 02-08-13 at 11:43 PM.
02-09-13, 01:35 PM   #5
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I'm feeling a need for such frames, too. Planning an oUF layout for a while now. Just didn't find the time to do it. Maybe in the next couple of days. However, I probably need some serious help with tracking trinket cooldowns and/or some way to test this without doing arenas ... since there's no skirmish mode anymore *sadpanda*.

Basically party frames on the left, enemy party frames on the right. Both a mirror of each other with hp, pp, current and percent values, castbars, filtered debuffs and buffs (only PvP relevant ones) and trinket CDs. Maybe their targets, too. If the layout/space allows it without to much bloat. Class colored hp, type colored pp.

Player and Target in the lower middle of the screen, quite visible (large) castbars for player, target and focus.

Nothing fancy, just the important stuff.

Not sure at all about DR Timers. Meaning, it probably won't happen. Partly since this is beyond my coding skills but mainly because those are subject to change and would need to be tracked/updated in some way. Not sure if there is some detailed relevant/official info on DRs somewhere.

A quick mock up (sizes and such things are subject to change) ...

E: I suppose there should also be a spec icon next to the Trinket CD icon for party/enemy frames

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

02-10-13, 09:37 AM   #6
gr0by
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
there looks very promising!
I'm looking forward to it.
but a DRtimer is for some classes essential
02-10-13, 05:51 PM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Actually communication is essential, which includes announcing CCs. Which includes DRs by logic. As for for classes that "DR them-self" (like warrior or rogue stuns ...), should be a matter of l2p.

So nope I don't think DRs are that important after all. Nice for sure, but not essential, imo.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

02-11-13, 03:57 AM   #8
gr0by
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
there exist classes they share the same dr... l2p is very arrogant you dont know me
but I would not argue , there would be the interface the way you're doing I would be happy
02-11-13, 08:00 AM   #9
Dawn
A Molten Giant

It wasn't meant to be arrogant. Just simple logic, given proper communication.

Example:

A: "Stunning X for 6 seconds"

>> by logic the next stun on X will last half the time it would normally (within the next 15secs)

I just prefer proper communication - that is necessary for a good game play, anyway - over addons removing the "thinking part" from the game. Not that there is much to think about WoW PvP in the first place.

If you want to chain CC something you only really need a proper visual timer of the CC(s) applied. To be able to line up the next one, no matter how long it will last. You just throw it at the target right before the first one ends.

Anyway, not meaning to argue about personal preferences or playstyle. No offence meant.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ultimate PVP Unitframes thats replace everything