06-29-13, 01:33 AM   #2261
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
I keep randomly getting a black box for the aura tracker.
Hmm, I do have some bug fixes in the works. Notice when you get them? After switching forms/specs/logging in/etc?

06-29-13, 01:46 AM   #2262
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, I do have some bug fixes in the works. Notice when you get them? After switching forms/specs/logging in/etc?
It was just right when I logged in and targeted something. I have yet to really test it further working on freebtip atm.

06-29-13, 02:01 AM   #2263
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

It was just right when I logged in and targeted something. I have yet to really test it further working on freebtip atm.
I may have been able to replicate this by accident. Will see if I can get it fixed up. Lemme know if you find out anything further

Seems to appear on low-level toons.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-29-13 at 02:05 AM.

06-29-13, 02:05 AM   #2264
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I may have been able to replicate this by accident. Will see if I can get it fixed up. Lemme know if you find out anything further
Will do.

06-29-13, 02:29 AM   #2265
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Will do.
Found the culprit. Forget to check for player level on my Wild Mushrooms module

06-29-13, 02:53 AM   #2266
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Alright, I know you have bigger and better and cooler stuff to work on nib. But I suggest dumb stuff all the time!

So here we go.

Would you ever advanced the tooltip to show powerbars? Ability to add text to them.. ? itemlevel too? Option to hide the powerbars and only show health. I also have it to where you can hover over someone in a raid and see what raid spec they are only in raids so like healer and so on. Excluding dps.

Also adding icons on the tooltip for items.

I was messing around with freebtip for awhile in about an hour this is what I came up with.

06-29-13, 09:02 AM   #2267
Daagar
An Aku'mai Servant
Another post just to gush about RealUI: I haven't played a healer in (I think literally) years. Partly due to burnout, partly due to the annoyance of trying to reconfigure a DPS UI to suit the needs of a healer. I finally moved a character back to heal spec last night - and the UI 'just works'. No "daunting" task of (re)configuring a whole bunch of new WeakAuras, no (re)configuring grid, etc. A few spells set up via Clique and away we go. The whole aura/buff watcher thing is just excellent, and the defaults seem to be sensible as well. Probably the best addition to v8 (I like Grid2 as well - easier to tweak, though I've not had a need to do so yet).

Last edited by Daagar : 06-29-13 at 10:51 AM.

06-29-13, 12:30 PM   #2268
Danickar
A Murloc Raider
Ok, haven't tried this yet as my machine is kind of angry at the moment. Here is my question though. I am still running a release 7 version and I see that release 8 requires a completely clean install. I am assuming since I will be removing the WTF folder and addon folder that all changes I made are going to be gone. Is there anyway to keep the customizations I made?

06-29-13, 01:29 PM   #2269
Horkos
A Murloc Raider

I need my IceHUD back, please, I do not like the new castbar / aura tracking system. Is there any way to get the v7 hud to work with new v8 UI? Or do I need to install Icehud seperatly?

Last edited by Horkos : 06-29-13 at 01:31 PM.

06-29-13, 01:31 PM   #2270
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Haven't been able to reproduce this. Does it always show up? Only after changing specs? Only after logging in? More info pls.
I switched specs from resto to elemental and was tryin the target dummies out. There was a double tracker for flame shock but now for some reason there isnt. There seems to be strange things that happen with the tracker if ur to respec or something without /reloading. Especially if there is something up on the tracker like bone shield for example, then you respec to dps the bone shield tracker seems to stay there until a /reload fixes it. Not a big deal since all it requires is a simple /reload but yeah. Keep up the great work Nib. No problems here otherwise. Hopefully DXE soon!?

06-29-13, 01:39 PM   #2271
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
I need my IceHUD back, please, I do not like the new castbar / aura tracking system. Is there any way to get the v7 hud to work with new v8 UI? Or do I need to install Icehud seperatly?
You could just use the last v7 version and go about your day.

Marth

06-29-13, 01:40 PM   #2272
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Danickar View Post
Ok, haven't tried this yet as my machine is kind of angry at the moment. Here is my question though. I am still running a release 7 version and I see that release 8 requires a completely clean install. I am assuming since I will be removing the WTF folder and addon folder that all changes I made are going to be gone. Is there anyway to keep the customizations I made?
To RealUI? I don't think so. Any non-RealUI addons, you could copy their savedvariables files out, etc, and restore them after logging in and going to your toons.

Marth

06-29-13, 01:45 PM   #2273
Horkos
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
You could just use the last v7 version and go about your day.

I have tried this, doesn't work. the Icehud bars do not show.

06-29-13, 01:52 PM   #2274
juztcallmepapi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
I have tried this, doesn't work. the Icehud bars do not show.
You would have to clean install v7 to bring them back. I tested the method and it works. Instructions on clean install are on the addon page.

Last edited by juztcallmepapi : 06-29-13 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed silly iPhone autocorrect errors.

06-29-13, 06:19 PM   #2275
Zallion
A Murloc Raider
I noticed that for ret pallys, Avenging Wrath is tracked twice after I switch into ret from prot spec. This doesn't seem to happen when my paladin is already ret when I log onto him.

06-29-13, 07:35 PM   #2276
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Zallion View Post
I noticed that for ret pallys, Avenging Wrath is tracked twice after I switch into ret from prot spec. This doesn't seem to happen when my paladin is already ret when I log onto him.
Same things for shamans switching from resto to elemental as I mentioned above. i'd imagine this is a bug classwide and spec wide for anything.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-29-13 at 07:54 PM.

06-29-13, 10:10 PM   #2277
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
uhhh how do I load the preset setup for DXE? The bars are overlapping the unit frames and frankly just un-organized. At least for me. Everything was set so it didnt load the old addons as well, I turned that on to get DXE working but it still doesn't LOOK like its been arranged in any way since its overlapping things and such. Not not correctly in line with everything either.

Don't worry about everything being fuzzy btw.... every time I take a screenshot it does that haha. I don't know why.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-29-13 at 10:23 PM.

06-29-13, 10:22 PM   #2278
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
uhhh how do I load the preset setup for DXE? The bars are overlapping the unit frames and frankly just un-organized. At least for me. Everything was set so it didnt load the old addons as well, I turned that on to get DXE working but it still doesn't LOOK like its been arranged in any way since its overlapping things and such.

Don't worry about everything being fuzzy btw.... every time I take a screenshot it does that haha. I don't know why.
Did you get the Mini Patch popup? Did you click Okay on it? Was DXE enabled when you ran the Mini Patch?

06-29-13, 10:23 PM   #2279
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Did you get the Mini Patch popup? Did you click Okay on it? Was DXE enabled when you ran the Mini Patch?
I did get the patch pop up, but it wasnt enabled because the option to load out of date addons was not enabled when I installed the new patch for some reason. I didnt realize till after I did the patch that it was disable because it wasnt set that way from me. Should I re-initalize my char?

EDIT: Tried this and it did not work.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-29-13 at 10:26 PM.

06-29-13, 10:27 PM   #2280
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
No it wasnt enabled because the option to load out of date addons was not enabled when I installed the new patch for some reason. I didnt realize till after I did the patch that it was disable because it wasnt set that way from me. Should I re-initalize my char?
Hmm, seems DXE_Loader hasn't been updated. I shall modify it's TOC and re-upload so this doesn't happen again

Enter this command into your chat:
/run RealUI:MiniPatch("80r6")

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI