09-27-10, 03:33 PM   #1
Tunq
A Kobold Labourer
Looking for a good DK addon showing the new cata sequencial rune system

Is it difficult to learn how to write addons? Is there a good place to post my idea for someone else to write one?

I am not a computer programmer, but I have programed (yay! my university made me learn fortran and pascal and I have messed with C+ a bit) and would not say I am very good although I understand the basics concepts well.

My Idea:

Right now I do not like the DK rune addons I currently see for the new sequential rune system happening in Cataclysm. As only 3 can be refreshing at any one time, I do not need to see cooldown timers on all 6 at once. Some can proc to be ready instantly, one talent procs the ability for runes to refresh faster, etc..

Here is a video showing the basics of the sequential rune system on the default UI:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slA5A1ZPFhY

I want to be able to see what is happening with the runes at a glance, and not have to watch them like I currently am.

Here is a picture of my idea:

Refreshed runes on the top, runes on cooldown on the bottom, and a single bar showing the progress of the rune that is refreshing. Just an clean easy way to see where everything is at a glance.

Would something like this be easy to write for a noob-programer? Or is there someone willing to write an addon like this that I could donate to?
09-27-10, 03:55 PM   #2
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i wouldnt think it would be terribly hard to make

at first glance I would try to devise a state system, where if blood1 and blood2 are ready, have blood runes in state 1 (right next to each other, filled out circle)

if either rune is ready and one is not ready, have blood in state2 where you have rune thats ready on top, rune that isnt on bottom, and a vertical statusbar in between

if both runes are not ready, have blood in state3 where both runes are on the bottom and the status bar is ticking.

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
09-28-10, 01:53 PM   #3
Lane
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm working on a Cata version of my rune tracking mod right now. It currently works on the PTR but I'm considering changing the rune order to better reflect the Cata system.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-RunePack.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a good DK addon showing the new cata sequencial rune system